Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a gun show with a few things to trade and a little cash to spend, just in case there was something I could not live without.

after looking at everything (so I had thought) I was ready to leave after selling a few items I could live without. My friend "Smoker" who is a G&G member wanted me to look at a Redhawk 44 as he thought it was. I said ok and when I flipped it over on the barrel it said .357 magnum............
I love this caliber and Have always wanted to own one of these guns, just had never actually seen on offline.

I checked the tag and I had enough for it, I even talked the guy down a bit and it was mine for $385. A Song of a price in my point of view.

Man is it accurate, I haven't been able to shoot it off a rest yet but it definately out shoots me with that 7.5 in barrel The crown is in pristine shape and the gun looked unused, I dont think the guy knew what he had.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
The Ruger .357, in good shape and one that was taken care of, is a magnificant handgun and a great "l'il" caliber.

Over the years I've had the .357 and .44 Mag Rugers and I found the .357 easier to handle, recoil-wise and the longer barrels seem to have better balance than the shorter barreled revolvers.

For me the .44 Mag was just a little difficult to comfortably shoot and, honestly, I think most people do find the .357 easier to shoot and the caliber really is sufficent for the home and personal defense and hand gun hunting.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for and, I agree, the price was pretty good, also.

Shoot, eject cases, reload....repeat.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own a GP100 6 inch with the full lug barrel and it is not bad on recoil even with the hot stuff, but with this redhawk recoil is a thing of the past. I think I am going to order some ammo from BUFFALOEBORE.COM and give them a try. I have shot some of their 45 LC out of a friends Vaquero and MAN what a round!

I am eager to try out some of their hot stuff.

·
Registered
21 Posts
New Guy Here,

I had a stainless .357mag Redgawk with a 5.5" barrel but traded it for another gun. :fuss:

I still have 4 other Ruger Revolvers though that will never leave my ownership:

Two Stainless Redhawks in .41mag (my favorite revolver caliber) and two SP-101's.:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts