Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to handle this Frontier Rifle the other day. It was in 7mm08, one of my favorite cartridges! Although I am not a Scout Scope fan, I really love the way this baby handles!

Attachments

·
Registered
899 Posts
18" or 20" barrel ? it appears front heavy with all that laminated stock up front and the scope mounted forward of the receiver, does it fell that way ? I wonder if it would benefit from removing some mass from the forestock portion. That is a nice caliber for a scout type rifle, I had for a short time a Remington Model 7 in 7mm-08, it never shot worth a damn no matter what I did to the bedding, or barrel pressure ,or handload components etc.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
The rifle looks nice, but I am not a big fan of shorty rifles.

·
Banned
623 Posts
It's a 16.5" barrel, I believe. I read an article about one in .338 Fed and the author liked it, feeling it would be a great woods stillhunting rifle as well as an awesome treestand shooter. I know I like 20" barrels, but not so sure of one quite that short, but, I've never handled one either.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It actually is balanced quite well. I was amazed! Like I said, I'm not a big fan of scout scopes, but this one just works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts