Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about buying me a Ruger Stainless Steel 44 Mag with the 4 5/8" barrel to carry while hunting, does anybody have one of these monsters to share with me about:dance:

does anyone know about the Beretta stampede as well

·
Wonderment :)
33,585 Posts
two-70; Sir; I do not have the 4 5/8" SBH .44 but do have it in a couple 7 1/2" SBH. Not for Sale or Trade.
Will make a fine walk-about or hunting unit.
post your experiences:)

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will do, i mainly want one in the 4 5/8 barrel to carry while hunting will post more on subject later

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have a Blackhawk in .45colt that has the 4 5/8" barrel. I love it for cowboy loads, but when I up it to +P ammo (on par or exceeding energy of a .44mag), it becomes not much fun to shoot. Maybe you're different than me, but I don't like the feeling of the gun trying to break my wrist/hand, blow out my ear drums, and blind me from muzzle flash :D

Other than that, the gun is probably the most reliable firearm that I own, and in the right hands, very accurate.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've shot all forms off 44 mag, guess thats why i enjoy them, i do like the 45LC also both are fun to shoot

·
Registered
362 Posts
two-70 have most of my blackhawks in a 4-5/8 barrel though my sbh is a 7-1/2only due to the deal that was offered for it. either way you can't go wrong in mho. I would stay with the sbh over the beretta just for the adjustable sights on the sbh.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Maybe you're different than me, but I don't like the feeling of the gun trying to break my wrist/hand, blow out my ear drums, and blind me from muzzle flash :D
I guess I'm :werd:, that the reason I shoot, the more recoil the better I like it.......with the right grip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts