Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a Ruger sp101 in .357 magnum (3" barrel) to pack for back country elk hunting (not brown bear country), then use at home for in-home self defense. Would like to hear what you have to say about your sp101 experience.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
i like mine a lot and my lil sis liked it so much she's got one now too!
mine has the crimson trace grip.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
Mine's been great -- got one when they first came out in .38 spl. Brute strong gun, stainless, tough, and accurate. Good trigger. Heavy, but that's a plus when shooting the stouter rounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SP's are a strong Revolver that will hold up well shooting Full Power / Hot loads. I have a 2.25" 357 w/ CTC laser grips. It makes for a great CCW gun.

·
Registered
264 Posts
:smoker:Hey guys,
I have a sp101, short barrel and I love it. I use as a snake gun with the snake shot and it works great. I also carry a Glock 30 on a daily basis.
Mike:approve:

·
Super Moderator
16,874 Posts
SP101 is gonna be my next gun purchase, Cant wait!

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
i just got back from putting about 100 rnds. through mine!
i need a speedloader............

actually a whole box of em,

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
Hey Billy. Now that you have that Dillon, can you make ammo faster than you can shoot it? Just wondering...
actually yes.
at least in a wheelgun.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have two. One of the first that has the short cylinder Ruger stoped after making a reported 400 / 800. My second one is ported , bobed, and D/A only, and a C/T grip. Some combo !!!!

DANA

·
Premium Member
30,669 Posts
i want a 5 inch one.

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
i love my sp101, its a great gun that i know will never fail me, there is nothing bad anyone can say about the sp101.

·
Registered
8 Posts

heck yeah i'm a fan!! this is one of the very first .357's i'd fired! here's a cool shot of the previous owner blasting his nasty hand loads through it!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts