Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
My nearly new .357 Magnum Ruger Security Six should take care of my home defense needs just fine. Bought a box of hollow points magnums today to do even more potential damage to any perp. :right:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got one like that, only in stainless. My SA trigger job, double action as smooth as I've seen, very attached to the gun. Thing is, it's in a backup home defense role, as my and my wife's Glocks are primary. Anyway, got it, won't part with it, it's a great weapon. But to anyone planning on using it for in-home defense beware of full-house .357 loads. In an inclosed space, can cost you an eardrum. My thinking is that the hot .38 Specials, made for short barreled guns, is the best choice. I personally handload light .357s with Sierra JHPs.
eljay

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oxford said:
Thanks for the advice about needing ear protection.
Problem is, if that moment every arrives when you hear someone in your house and you reach for your gun, are you gonna want to take the time to get your ear protection, and are you gonna want to dampen one of your most important senses, as you try to handle this situation?
eljay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts