Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone know about this gun? I was going to buy a Taurus 24/7 but now I am not so sure!!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
i handled one at my local gun shop, is a very well built 9 is real slim and fits the hand good, i'd buy one right now if i had the money, is of nice ruger quality for sure

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Compare trigger pulls

If you can, compare trigger pulls on the two guns.
What you do not want is the sloppier of the two.
Trigger pull may not be everything but it is a great deal in this type gun. The reason I mention this is that I have handled some Ruger guns which I felt definitely needed some trigger work.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting that you would mention the trigger...I have already read some things about a sorry trigger on that ruger.....

·
Wonderment :)
33,563 Posts
will have one

lorcin25: "At the RugerForum.com" and these people are serious about 'Ruger'. The feelings about SR9 are at times fair; with concerns for the trigger. Most if not all have agreed [out of the box] the trigger is ?gritty? after a suitable break-in time it is fine; any trigger can be 'massaged' Most of the talk RFC historically has is about Single Action.
You will ?never? accomplish with a Semi the let off of a Single action. My experiences with Striker vs Single action; target shooting; the Single wins out 100% of my time. That being said; Semi's are not Single action.
Researching throughout the forums that I visit, the SR9 is generally well liked. It appears thin enough, accurate, balanced, and brand new to Ruger.
I have handled [not shot] approx. 10-15 at different shows, shops. My favorite 'gun money taker' has ordered for me 3. each time someone comes along and bye bye. She knows in the end that her 'smiling' and my wanting will meet at the end. Ruger is a great value for any $$$ Ruger has historically kept other ?gun makers? in line with pricing. Those of us that have a Ruger recognize the value of well built Arms also recognize our 'Ruger's' will out live us.
Having and shooting Rugers from .22-.44 having experienced "Rugers' concern for customers. I'll have one soon.
Follow up with your experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts