Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can decide which of these semi autos to buy. They each have 30+ round aftertmarket mags available and are supposed to be very reliable. Any of you guys have suggestions? Pros & Cons? Which one to buy??:burnout:

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,594 Posts
They are all good some more proven than others. I'd give the Ruger a try if you like Rugers. People either do or don't it seems. Good ergonomics, adjustable rear sight among other refinements form the P series.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Iam in love with the springfield XD line personally, I think it feels alot beter that the glock, I have owned a glock 22 and 23 and would give them up in a second for my XD 40.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I'd go with the Ruger over the other two due to the profile resembling my beloved Steyr M series and the fact that it has a manual safety.

All three have metal-to-metal slide/rail contact as far as I know, which not all polymer pistols have. That plus the manual safety are what make or break polymer framed pistols for me.

If I didn't care about the manual sfaety or barrel axis as much, I'd go with the XD due to it being proven and standard but superior in my opinion to the Glock.

·
Registered
194 Posts
This is one of those choices where you have to go hold them and see which one you like best. All three are good. The Ruger has a magazine safety (which is very easy to disconnect if you don't want it), which may or may not be important to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts