close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ruger Super Blackhawk:

Discussion in 'Ruger' started by hooker, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Have had 3. Got one now. Will remain with me until I go on that last journey. .44 Mag. I do love these guns. I'm right fond of anything Ruger. Never owned a bad gun made by that company.

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

How do you like this new forum addition?

Jesse

3. Good to go Jesse. I enjoy all of the forum, and like sharing stories and info with other folk that are on here. How about having a new one on long range target shooting. I would be interested in talking to the other fellows about that. It is something I think I might be getting into later on. I would like to hear advise from people that already do it. thanks again. hooker.

4. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Check out The Rifle Rack in the foum above...

Jesse

5. I like the concept of this new one Jesse......yepper.

I, too, love Ruger revovlers. But, the 44 mag Super Red Hawk I had was one mean mutha. When the arthritis got so bad in my hand and wrist I finally had to let it go since it hurt so to shoot it.

Now I just plink with my older Single Six .22/.22 mag and enjoy it greatly.

And, it seems to shoot better since Ruger fixed a safety issue with it. Don't know why but it does and I'm not even sure what they did to it since it was so long ago.

I bought my wife a shorter barrelled version of the newer Single Six that shoots equally as well. I mean, they're not match quality by any means but as good as any mass production revolver.

I'd like to see Ruger come out with a short cartridge version of a .223 revolver.

6. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Hello guys,
    If any of you are thinking of making that Ruger "unique unto you", you might try what I did. I sent a 7 1/2-inch barrel, .45 cal., Vaquero to Don Williams at ActionWorks. He cut the barrel to 4-inches, installed a Bisley hammer, slicked up the action, beveled the cylinder (like the .45 Colt Blackpowder cylinders), and a few other little goodies, and did a high gloss "royal blue" on all parts but the frame (making the hammer and trigger straw-colored) and it is GREAT......... my favorite revolver

7. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

I to have a Super Blackhawk. I changed the grips to Hogue rubber w/finger groves, and now love to shoot it. The stock grips were to small/short to allow me to control the pistol. Great addition to my gun safe!

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

This is one of those "wish I still had it" situations. I let it go during a time of chronic monetary shortage combined with temporary insanity. At least I kept the custom over-sized grips, just in case . . .

:target:

9. Jeff, If you think that's unique, you should have seen the one I just delivered. Guy e-mails me and wants to know if I can cut the barrel on his Super Redhawk, 454 Casull, even with the frame shroud. I tell him no, but I can cut it 1" forward of the shroud, and remark that that's a hell of a belly gun:eek: He says he carries it as a backup to his 460 Weatherby. So, the barrel was cut and crowned to the quoted 1" forward, which made it about a 3.6 inch barrel, and I mounted an Ashley Big Dot on a ramp on the now very short barrel. Looked really strange - he said it looked kinda' neat:confused: Says he gets lots of looks at the range and it's fairly accurate out 15 yards, which is all he's tried so far.