close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S.A. XD Pistols?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AKman, Jul 6, 2002.

1. AKman

AKman G&G Newbie

N.C.
    Anybody on here own one? I like the looks of the
    5" one in olive drab, in 40 s&w . Any info good or
    bad would be greatly appreciated. It just might be
    my next purchase.
    Thanks..................AKman

2. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Sprinfield Armory's new squeeze cocker ?

3. No, it isn't a squeeze cocker. It is a nice polymer frame handgun. I just bought one in XD-40, 5", tactical, all black. A sweetie. It rides in a hiding place in my car, now.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Had a chance to rent a XD9 just recently. Shot 30 rounds through it. Liked the reliability & accuracy, didn't like the long trigger pull.

5. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I thought y'all were talking about the Yugoslavian striker fired, polymer framed, sqeeze cocker..

6. S.A. as in Springfield Armory, which is still not far from my house and still in IL last I checked.

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

the XDs are imported from Croatia though...

9. Talked to Lisa at SA the other day. She says it is made in Croatia, and will still shoot circles around anything out there

10. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

The used to marketed as the HS2000. SA partnered up w/ them or bought them out. In either case, SA sells'em now. Basically the same gun as before but $100 more! :nod:

11. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Went shooting last night and asked the guys about the XD 9 they have for rent. They have had it for about 6 weeks now and it has seen 1000's of rounds & abuse rental guns are bound to get. These things have done so well, 2 of the employees are getting one for themselves. To me, seems like a pretty good endorsement.

12. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I think their odd looking but a gun ain't got to be pretty to work, plus beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

13. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I was just about to start this thread when I found it already here. I think I'll add it to my wish list. Anyone know if it can take other makes of hi-cap?

14. aceoftrumps

aceoftrumps G&G Newbie

SA-XD Pistols

I own an SA-XD9. I've fired over 1500 rounds through it. Not one misfire or jam. It performs flawlessly. And I've fired it one handed, sideways both sides, sloppy grip and all. I couldn't force it to hang up. I can find no signs of premature wear and no place on the slide or frame where they impact. I am presuming that the spring guide rod and the recoil spring takes all the punishment. I am totally happy with it.

I chose 9mm since it has almost the same ballistics as the 40 and the ammo is half the price.

Kurt, a new member.

15. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Still think their odd looking but all a gun needs to do is work when you need it and be accurate. Glad you enjoy it, we all need to enjoy something!

16. aceoftrumps

aceoftrumps G&G Newbie

SA-XD Pistols

Another short note.....Keisler's on line has factory 10 round clips for $20.

Kurt

17. BSchroeder

BSchroeder G&G Newbie

got one

I bought one a month ago. I paid too much for it...but I still love the gun. Like it better than my Beretta 96, hands down.

ben

18. BattleRifleG3

How's it better than the 96? I was thinking I'd prefer the Beretta 96 over a Springfield XD, and wonder what your reasons are. I don't suppose it's the 40 compared to 9mm?

19. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Battle, when you get to handling a lot of handguns, they are just like rifles-keep trying them out to find out which is best for you. Each person is different, so their likes/dislikes will be different. What's right for BSchroeder may/may not be right for you. He's saying the XD is better for him for whatever personal reasons. You may be surprised-you are leaning toward a Glock, but you may end up falling for something else. Glocks are great handguns, but not for everyone. It's hard to explain, but you will figure it out in time.
    Caliber isn't too much of an issue. If you can hit what you aim at, that's a good start. I prefer to carry my Makarov over any other semi-auto I own just because I can hit the "I" on a Pepsi can at 25 yards with it. It's not the most powerful handgun, but I can hit what I aim at with it, and that's comforting. That's why you carry what you shoot best or are the most comfortable with. JMHO :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2002
  20. BattleRifleG3

I understand that, and may for that reason go with a 1911 or Para Ordnance, because I'm presently best with them. That's ultimately why I want full size. Reason I'd like Beretta over XD is that I can't seem to get the grip I want on a polymer frame, probably because of my hand oil chemistry. If there's some characteristic that one guy likes about the XD over the Beretta that I wouldn't notice at first, I'd be happy to know, even if I turn out not to have the same preference.