close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

S&w 625

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Jesse, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

The S&W 625 is in my opinion one of the finest revolvers made. It gives tremendous flexibility with the .45 ACP round and serves as a "garbage disposal" to rounds that won't cycle in your 1911. I highly reccomend it for it's strength, accuracy, and durability.

Jesse

2. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    I have to second that. I love my 625. I had one of the 3" 1989 models which I really loved. Its the only gun I ever had stolen (mostly because it was always somewhere nearby). I replaced it with one of the current issue 625's that don't quite have the same feel to me as the older ones. I still like it, but i'd love to get my old one back. Hopefully one day that NCIC entry does its job. I can't believe I got that original 1989 gun for $300 too!

later,
    AJ

3. dannyboy

dannyboy G&G Newbie

A little OT

Although I never owned a Mod 25, I did have a 5" Mod 27, the last gun I ever sold, and a 1980 Mod 29 6",that I own. The S&W N Frames are some of the finest revolvers ever made. I can understand your like of the Mod 25 as I also shoot a 1911 .45.

4. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    Until I got my Kimber Gold Match and really stated falling in love with the 1911, the 625 was my .45 accuracy king. At this point, it still shoots about as good as the Kimber, but the 1911 really does feel a little better in the hand, and I like having an auto. The 625 is still my favorite revolver, but the 1911 is my favorite auto. Now I just have to decide how long I can wait before I try a real premium 1911 like a Wilson or Les Baer.

later,
    AJ