close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Smith and Wesson S&W Police Trade in handguns picture thread

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson' started by K75RT, Apr 20, 2017.

1. These are some of the S&W Revolvers that I bought back when revolvers were on the wane; Still enjoy a good revolver...First is a Model 64 round butt dao former armored security firearm
    [​IMG]
    Next is a former New Britain, CT, PD Model 65 with a 3"bbl., barrel has been ported hammer bobbed, still works as a da/sa revolver...
    [​IMG]
    This is an older photo from an old cell phone, it is my S&W M15, I call it the standard! This pistol started life as an LASD DAO, I got it as a trade in and made it back to what it should be a da/sa revolver!
    [​IMG]
    Will post more but my network is slow tonight....

ChaZam, TACAV and PAPA G like this.
  2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nice looking grouping you have there!:) Whats an LASD DAO??:confused:

3. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    2017-04-12 15.14.34.jpg 67-6 from an agency around Tallahassee, Fla.

K75RT likes this.
  4. Los Angeles Sheriffs Department, Double Action Only, I replaced the DAO hammer with a SA/DA and I like it better

Cyrano and PAPA G like this.
  5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Who wouldn't? If I have the time, I ALWAYS cock it before I pull the trigger. I do practice a little bit of double action fire for future maybe real life situations. But if I am just target shooting, trigger pull is much better SA.

PAPA G and Big Dog like this.
  6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Whoohoo! My hometown! :cool:

PAPA G likes this.
  7. jdavis

jdavis G&G Enthusiast

A 640-1 from Michigan State Police

IMG_0298.JPG

K75RT, PAPA G and TACAV like this.
  8. PAPA G

I have a S&W in excellent condition, sold by Bud's gunshop in Lexington. Supposed to be a police trade in but I see no Department markings.

9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

My S&W Model 10-5 is an ex-cop gun. You've heard me rhapsodize about it before; the one I got an incredible deal on because its custom grips fit me perfectly. The one that will remove the center of the target at 10 yards because it shoots like a dream. It may look like just another revolver to you, but to me is a magical gun that turns me into the straightest shooter this side of Jerry Miculek.

PAPA G likes this.
  10. PAPA G

OOOOPS! I left out its a Model 10 :):usa:

11. Here is my S&W Model 10 HB, former NYPD marked, this revolver was carried a lot and shot very little. Was given a beadblast and bluing several years ago and the hammer spur had damage and was shortened.
    [​IMG]
    Lastly, I have a S&W M&P 45, it has night sights and came complete with the interchangeable backstraps and 10-round magazines... rumor has it these are Hartford Connecticut PD trade ins when they went with the G22. It is a great shooter, I replaced the extractor with an APEX machined extractor and all is well...
    [​IMG]