Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends it seems as if my bouyed spirits are not to be realized. As many of you know my father recently suffered a rather severe heart attack, as he has been recovering from that other more serious complications have arisen. It seems Dad has advanced liver cancer and it is likely it will end his life soon. I plan on traveling to see him as soon as I can. What I ask for here and I do beg everyones mercy in this regardless of your beliefs is to pray I get to see him at least one last time before he passes. He was and is the Dad he didn't have to be as the song goes. He treated me and my brother always as equals, I was never introduced as his step son I was always HIS son. This man cared for me, protected me, educated me, and most of all loved me as his own all of my life. All I ask of you is to pray for his gentle passing into the next life. He deserves at least that for all the sacrifice his has made not only to our immediate family, but to others outside our family that he has reached out and touched. Before anything else he is a decorated veteran of the Korean War when others went home he went back and served again and again! I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers on his behalf. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this EZ, I hope you are able to spend some time with him before he passes. My thoughts will be with you and your family at this difficult time.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks T I appreciate your friendship and concern! May God bless you and yours until the end of days. Thank you!

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
You have my thoughts and prayers EZ, during these troubling times.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You Midas, may the Lord bless you and keep all under your roof safe from all harm all the days of your life.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
19,016 Posts
Our prayers are with your father, and with you and your family. We pray you have some time together, and please take good care.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bless you TXplt, peace and the Lords love be with you all the days of your life

·
Wonderment :)
32,030 Posts
compassion

ezearln: Sir; May the Lord watch over you during this time of travel.
May your Father know of your love and compassion. Sir; for you, YOUR FATHER, and your families I pray. God Bless

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
I hope you get to see him, I really do. I just made that trip myself with my grand ma. Hadn't seen her in 15 years, but I went and saw her in the end and she died two days later. At least she got to see me, and she even recognized me after 15 years. She died with her mouth open, and everyone was kind of joking that she probably died talking, because that woman could talk your ear off for days.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Your in my prayers EZ.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,716 Posts
Earl, I will pray for your Daddy and for you and yours. My Daddy died of pancreatic cancer in 2004. I pray that your Daddy's passing is as beautiful as my Daddy's was. In his final day he told my Mom that angels were sitting in the room with him. He even asked her why they didn't take him. In his last hour he looked up and said "Mary, there is your Dad!" And then my Grandfather and the angels took him home. He was happy and for the first time in years was out of pain and at peace.

I am truly sorry for what you are going through. Know that we are sending many heartfelt prayers to our Lord.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Quit typing and start driving. Get on over there. We'll keep things going here.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I sure hope you get to see your father before he passes. I was fortunate in that regard when my mother passed away. The medicos gave her 6 weeks after she was diagnosed. I flew down the following day and she died 1 week later. Do not delay. Get there and spend all the time you can with him.

·
Devil's Advocate >:)
7,445 Posts
Quit typing and start driving. Get on over there. We'll keep things going here.
+1 When my grandma was in the hospital, it was on one of my "free weekends" and I was planning on cleaning up my place and grocery shopping and getting myself situated for the next rotation. She was in there for something pretty routine so I wasn't that concerned. I called her hospital room on Friday and wasn't able to speak to her because she was in a bit of pain after a procedure. It didn't seem too out of the ordinary to me, I expect people to be in pain after procedures. The fact that I couldn't hear her voice over the phone bothered me and I still debated whether or not I should go up until midnight. Something was compelling me to go so I decided to go home in the morning despite my selfish inner human telling me just to stay home and take care of my apartment and rest. I woke up early and headed out to my home town. I drove straight to the hospital to her room and spent a few hours there. I was pissed off because they were supposed to take her to ultrasound in the morning and here it is noon when I get in and she still hasn't gone back. I ask the nurse if she had a DVT and he said he didn't know. I had to go up to the nurses station around 4 and demand that they come and get her for ultrasound. After she returned she I tried to feed her a little bit but she wouldn't eat. She decided to rest so I went to my parents house to let her get some rest. We got a call a couple hours later saying her heart stopped. When I heard that, first thing I thought was "thank God I decided to come home".

Don't worry about the rest, just go see your dad.

Sorry for the sob story. I just had personal experience similar to yours.

·
Master Gunsmith
2,119 Posts
Ezearln i lost mine in 1992 from the same thing and my prayer would be this. That God hold your father close to his breast and accompany him to his next home where he may behold the the beauty he so rightfully deserves. These things we ask in JESUS name. AMEN.
steve

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Earl,
My prayers are with you and your Family during this sad time and do go be with him...My Stepdad passed away before I could even think about leaving Alaska and traveling to Florida from the same affliction...
The Lord will take good care of him when he departs this Wicked earth we exist on...You will see him again someday...
Be Strong for the Family My Friend !
Rich

1 - 20 of 41 Posts