safes

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by brisco darling, May 18, 2008.

1. brisco darling

brisco darling Guest

I'm looking at gun safes somthing that holds about 20 firearm etc.
    in a moderate price range.

2. telkev

telkev G&G Newbie

Best deal around, go to Academy Sports and get a Cannon American Eagle series for $577.00. Just as good as the middle ground safes, unless you want one with a shiny paint job, and has the best warranty of any safe on the market.

3. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    buy bigger than you need. you'll probably outgrow what you have now, and safes generally do not hold as many guns as they are rated for.

4. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

boy are you right!
    to get 20 rifles in a safe that is rated 20 you better remove scopes and alternate rightside up/upside down.

5. Righteous

Righteous Guest

there 587 now lol

6. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

7. brisco darling

brisco darling Guest

thanks for the info
    very good points

8. I have been fairly happy with my Theftgard safe. My cat liked it too, and had to check it out before I finished moving everything into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PONTIACDM

PONTIACDM G&G Newbie

I could only wish that I would have bought a bigger one. You think you will never fill it up. It will happen faster than you think.

10. Saw Bass Pro Shop has a few on sale for Fathers day. Might check there if you have one near by?

11. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    yep, i have 2 safes- full. need a third one, problem is i dont have room for another one.

12. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

Just stick them behind every door in the house and when that fills up,catch your wife gone and start hanging them in the living room,dining room,kitchen,bedroom.If you have child problems,sell them on E-BAY and buy more guns with the profit. sam.

13. telkev

telkev G&G Newbie

I wish they would start rateing them by how many rifles they will hold and not how many single barreled shotguns it will hold. If all you own is rifles and it is rated for 24 guns, you will be lucky to get half that in them without cussing and scratching up everything.