close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sagia AKs

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Holiday, Jun 1, 2002.

1. I'm looking at getting a Sagia in .223. Can anyone give me some info on these rifles? Are they reliable and how accurate are they?:assult: :D

2. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I was hoping to find out too.

3. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I have a Hesse model 47 in .223. I understand it is made primarily of Saiga parts. It works fine, at least with 55gr ammo. I have not tried the ss109 ammo in it.

4. Saiga AKs

I have been interested in the Saiga post-ban .308 rifles with pistol grip, as sold by CDNN Investments and others. Anyone have one of these?

5. BattleRifleG3

Well, Joecrow left us with the site change, but he swore by the Saiga 308. All that would be different would be the pistol grip conversion process by Hesse. Personally, I'd spend just a wee bit more and get a FAL or G3; you get to use hi caps, the action was meant for that round, and replacement parts are more common.
    I think of AKs as being for intermediate calibers. But to each his own.

6. Saiga .308

Battle Rifle G3:

It is just about impossible to find a NIB G3 these days, without going to a Federal Arms carbine. I would like a .308, and I only own Eastern European guns at the moment. Maybe this is a dumb reason to go for the Saiga, but I cannot see buying anything else with all of the current restrictions. I would probably consider an L1A1 despite my Warsaw Pact mania, if Century did not "sporterize" them.

7. BattleRifleG3

Well, my G3 is Federal Arms, and it's fine except for the post-ban muzzle brake that shakes up the neighborhood. I thought of getting it removed and just taking the recoil. As far as "sporterization" goes, the new Saiga converts won't be any better than the FAL/L1A1, and the latter takes double stack mags.

Now if you're into spending a little more money, there's a relatively new rifle based on the RPK called the VEPR II, and it comes in 308. You can have it converted to take M14 mags by Kreb's Custom guns. It's a little barrel heavy, but very substantial. More info at www.robarm.com

8. BattleRifleG3

I have since owned four different chamberings of Saiga and am impressed with all of them.