close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Saiga 12, Saiga 20

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Apr 26, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Does anyone have any experience with either of these shotguns? I was looking at the 20ga model, since it's 2/3 the cost of the 12ga, and since I already have 2 12ga pumps. What's important to me is the ability to handle a variety of loads reliably and safely, particularly slugs. The Saiga 12 comes with full choke, or smooth barrel for a little more $. Anyone know about the 20? I'd want smooth barrel for slugs.

2. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Ive been looking and posted the same ?? a few times..no luck..I have been looking hard at the 410 for my 12 yr old daughter...let me know if you find any thing out.

3. BattleRifleG3

JPFO did a writeup about it, but it was the earliest model, and they said there have been changes since.

4. carl

carl G&G Newbie

we bought the 12's they work flawlessly. what we did though is this, buy the smmoth bore in the 22 in then we ct them down to 18.25 inch and installed chokes, this works the best and cuts the weight down. this way you can use any shot choke or a rifled slug shoke or a compensated choke, yes its more money but you have a versitile shotgun, i have a 14 inch folder version with pistol grip on order waiting for atf to do transfer papers, wheni get it i will let you know how it shoots.

5. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG G&G Newbie

I haven't fired the 12 or 20, but have shot the .410. Reliable with 3" shells, good patterns of S&B 00 buck.

6. BattleRifleG3

So Joe, you gonna get the 20ga? A friend's son is the happy caretaker of my former 20ga. Boy how times change, how I used to want to spread to 20ga, and sold the Saiga mainly because I wanted to get out of 20ga.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I do believe that might be one of the next, unless I stumble across a 12 ga SAIGA...but I think the 20 would be more enjoyable to shoot.