Saiga for $355 or WASR10/63 for $450???

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Hahn, May 22, 2008.

1. Hahn

Hahn G&G Newbie

Both guns brand new. Saiga has black synthetic stock Wasr all wood. I thought Saiga was better gun than Wasr so I asked dealer why it was cheaper he just said Saiga is good a gun we are just marking it down. I all ready have a Wasr10/63...should I get the Saiga or is the something bad about them ? At first I thought he just had the price tags switched around cuz there side by side on the rack but the prices were right?
    Anybody know why a Saiga would be priced like that?

2. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i dunno but i didnt argue when i got my 308 one for $365

3. Hahn

Hahn G&G Newbie

thanks...this 7.62. no pistol grip, not crazy about that...If I buy it I'll try to find wood furiture for it the black plastic makes it look cheap to me cheesy to me.

4. My vote is for the Saiga...

5. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

form what ive seen there all priced low i think because of just the lack of demand for them, aks that look like regular rifles dont appeal to some. i think they look cool when you add extended mags and pistol grip but seems kinda hard to add pistol grip cuz u need to move the triger. i would get that if u already have a wasr10, i hear there good guns. if u dont mind getting one online ive seen alot of them sell on gunbroker for around $250

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  6. Amarksman

Amarksman G&G Newbie

I paid 279 for my saiga. It had the skeleton stock(I think thats what its called) and a 10 round clip. The only problem with the saigas is the price of the magazines. Good gun though.

7. billy

BEFORE
    [​IMG]
    AFTER
    [​IMG]

8. Hey Billy-bob, did you make that table yourself?

9. billy

i put it together.
    it's about 40 years old.

10. Hahn

Hahn G&G Newbie

Nice looking Saiga. Hummmmmmm.......not you got me thinking.

Thanks for the Pics and imput.

Now*

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  11. ttwinsupra

ttwinsupra G&G Newbie

billy is that a 20ga

12. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

13. PONTIACDM

PONTIACDM G&G Newbie

Nice looking gun Billy. I also would go with the Saiga. I've owned both in the past.

14. Big Tool

Big Tool G&G Newbie

MS
    I would go with the saiga.

YOu may also want to look at the romanian "G" code rifles from classicarms.com They are similar to the wasr but are built on a dimbpled reciever and have tapco trigger sets. Which are two problem areas for the wasrs. They are also selling for about 399.00 last i checked.

They are all good gun

15. damage855

damage855 G&G Newbie

I have two Saiga myself so I would say get the Saiga great gun, but yes the mags are a little pricey.

16. Aarant

Aarant G&G Newbie

never had a jam or misfire from my 7.62 saiga. I'd say go for it. ALSO never lone it to your sister. If she shoots her 1st deer with it YOU'LL NEVER GET IT BACK!!. Thats where mine is now lol.

17. [​IMG]

Hey guys,

I just though I'd post a pic of mine here.

Ya take the Saiga over the WASR.

Scott

18. Hahn

Hahn G&G Newbie

Nice pool table..marble ?....LOL

19. No pool table but I never thought of that when I chose my background:09:.

Scott