Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears there have been no posts in the Sako forum for something like 3+ years. What the heck, guess I'll change that. Since I've mentioned in other posts that my favorite rifle is a Sako 85 Hunter I figured I'd try to kick-up some Sako interest by posting some pics. Hopefully I'm not the only one in Gun and Game that is a Sako fan. Shown here are three views, the rifle as a whole, the walnut stock, and the action with mounted scope. It's walnut end to end and stainless steel, chambered in 30-06. Truly a very, very accurate rifle. I wouldn't pass myself off as any more than an average marksman, but this rifle sure makes me look better than any other I have. The bolt action is smooooth. That's my favorite scope as well, a Meopta MeoStar R2 1.7-10X42. So I guess this is a true European package, a Finnish rifle with a Czech scope. Anyone else have some Sakos they'd like to share?

Attachments

·
<------------<<<-
3,864 Posts
If I could justify the cost of a Sako, I would definitely have one. We had a used Bavarian Carbine in 6.5x55 Swede come through our store. It was priced at $1800, if I remember correctly. I wanted it!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Very nice and great to see some real craftsmanship and walnut. Expensive rig but having a quality piece is awesome these days. Even my old 700 seems kinda custom compared to the offerings these days. Still I realize production costs and materials have probably skyrocketed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts