Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have acquired a SAKO L61R No. 528359, Made in Finland, Imported by Stoeger, in a .270. It looks to be built between '74 & '77 by the serial #. I've also read that guns imported by Garcia were done so between '72 & ''78. Stoeger imports were between '79 & early 1990's. I'm confused about dates and models. This gun also has the checkered stock with the off colored end caps and engraving on the trigger guard and floorplate which I was told is inlayed silver? My father said is was a Finbear Deluxe Sporter. Is there a diff between Deluxe and/or Sporter. I also has the deep shiny bluing. The stock is aging and becoming darker. Should I have the stock redone and put back to it's original "blonde" color or leave it alone. What's the gun worth to the right person? Any info appreciated.
Thanks,
Donnie

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
It's hard to say without good photos. If the stock isn't badly dinged or gouged, there's no benefit to refinishing, it would not enhance the value.
The closest thing matching your description in their old catalog is the Deluxe Sporter. Values range from around 400 to about 1100 for new in box, unfired condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts