close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SAR 3 cleaning rod

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Dale, Apr 3, 2002.

1. The SAR 3 I have has a cleaning rod like most of them. It's inserted under the barrel but it remains loose. Is it suppose to screw into something to tighten it up? The area it inserts into is hidden by the fore stock so, I can't tell for sure.

For now, I'm just removing it and storing it so it doesn't get lost.

2. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Dale,
    No, they don't thread in. Try this instead; get a small rubber washer that slides over the rod. It needs to be tight. Just slide it over the rod, replace the rod under the barrel, and slide the washer forward until the rod is secure. It works, and they are a dime a dozen at a car parts store. HTH

3. Great idea Calvin.....thanks millions dude...yepper.

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

why does the cleanig rod fit so loose on the sar2 and sar3 they have been known to fall out . does any one know the reason why it doesn't happen to often on the sar1. in fact i never heard of this till my friend got a sar2.:target: :target:

5. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Tommy,
    The holes in the handguard flange are all drilled for the 7.62 caliber cleaning rod. That's why the 5.45 and the .223 caliber AKs' cleaning rods are so loose. :target:

6. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Now THAT makes sense!:nod:

7. Blackjack

Blackjack G&G Newbie

I put a few drops of urethane glue(instafoam stuff) in the rod hole and after it cured I pushed the cleaning rod in place, now it's a good snug fit.