Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think of this rifle? What should you pay for one that is 5+ years old.?
I've heard good things about the accuracy, etc. of the Savage rifle in regards to its fairly low cost..was thinking about a .308 but came upon a used 110 .300 win mag and am considering it.
I hear it may kick like a mule, but not sure in reference to what..I have never shot one so I don't know.
Would you buy this gun for 300? 400?..what would be too high a price for a 5+ year old rifle in good shape.

Is this rifle made in both heavy and light barrel.?

Thanks for any help you can provide..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Since you said it was used,a little more info would help.Does it have a scope,rings,sling,case etc?The m.s.r.p. on this rifle new was about $575.00.And if it was a Savage package rifle,it probably retailed for less.I would expect to pay up to $325.00 depending on type of scope,brand,and size.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Good gun but think about the caliber

Savages are good quality firearms. The .300 WM is something I advise you shooting before you purchase one. It does provide a good whack
on the shoulder with plenty of muzzle blast. I used to own one in a Browning Bolt. The most I ever fired at any one time was nine rounds
from a bench.

There is nothing wrong with the .300 WM and plenty of people do shoot this cartridge. I just do not wish for you to jump into something of this
power without first experiencing it. Personally, I am much more satisfied with the 7mm/08 but I do understand we are all different.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
$350 seems like a good price, probably even $300. As for the .300 Win Mag, it isn't too bad in the recoil dept. but is a big step up from a .308

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am gonna wait on a 308..The rifle has a scope with it..not sure of brand, I think it was a 3-9x 40mm. Price was 295.00. I don't wanna get something that I'll not use..thanks for the opinions.

c.

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
I am waiting for some $ to free up, and I'm gonna buy a Savage 111 in 300WM for $325. It has a composite stock on it and is used, but looks in great shape inside and out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts