Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a rifle from a friend of mine its a savage 110 .300 win mag in left hand bolt action (YES IM A LEFTY) for $375 with less than 30 rounds fired through it .. How accurate is this rifle at long range? Im new to savage firearms and just curious any advice or tips or any kind of info on this rifle would be very helpfull. Thanks

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I bought a rifle from a friend of mine its a savage 110 .300 win mag in left hand bolt action (YES IM A LEFTY) for $375 with less than 30 rounds fired through it .. How accurate is this rifle at long range? Im new to savage firearms and just curious any advice or tips or any kind of info on this rifle would be very helpfull. Thanks
Gads, Dude, ya got a real deal!

My little Savage Tactical in .308 shoots .75 moa. Your will do at least that well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice.. sounds like i got a great deal

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rifle is great and for a lefty it was a deal id be stupid to pass up but the simmons scope has gotta go i plan on leupold mark4 being on it within the next year or so

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
there is only one way to see how it will shoot at long range. go shoot it at long range. you may have to find a load that it likes, but it should do okay.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is only one way to see how it will shoot at long range. go shoot it at long range. you may have to find a load that it likes, but it should do okay.

The only round he was using was the winchester 180gr. accubond round. I guess ill stick with it, it seems to do great.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The only round he was using was the winchester 180gr. accubond round. I guess ill stick with it, it seems to do great.
Well I have a 300 win mag but its a mauser for my tastes that 180 is a little heavy on the shoulder so I had a break made and it helps a lot. As for accuracy well I brew my own and depending on the twist rate maby a good Hornady or maby even A Berger load. My 110 FP is a 25-06 and those two shoot exceptionaly close at most ranges. To me for the price the Savage is a must buy..

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
congrats
you did very well indeed.
my savage shoots very well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts