Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, my husband needs to have the gun stock of his Savage 110E replaced. This November he was out buck hunting with a friend. He loaned his friend his Savage 30.06 while my husband hunted with his 30-30. After an unsuccessful afternoon, they headed back to the truck. His friend rested the 30.06 on the truck box while he took off the many outer layers of clothing, hopped in the truck and only after they rounded the first corner and heard something CRASH, did his friend remember he didn't put the gun in the truck.

The sight seems undamaged, but the butt of the stock had a 1" x 3" triangle sheared off. Needless to say my husband was very unhappy, his friend has offered to pay for the replacement of the gun stock. Our problem is we don't know where to begin looking for a repair place. I have found, via Google, a shop in West Springfield MA (about 4 - 5 hours from where we live) and I plan to give them a call during their shop hours (better than banker's hours if you can believe that!).

We were also wondering if there was perhaps a place we could just purchase the stock from and swap the stock ourselves. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
MarciaAnn

:feedback:

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Sportsmansguide.com had some laminated long action Savage stocks not too long ago. I believe they were unfinished, and I think they were the varmint model with a wider forend.

I believe Savage stocks would be interchangeable as long as these items were the same:
1. Long or short action (30-06 is long action)
2. Blind magazine, floorplate, or detachable magazine, and which generation of detachable magazine. If there's no detachable mag or floorplate and the stock is smooth underneath the action, then it's a blind magazine. The generations of detachable mag so far are the older style that can feed while in the gun and the newer style that channels the rounds up into a single stack.

110, 111, 116, all the three digit names indicate long action, while the two digit numbers indicate short action. Again, yours is the LONG action.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
BattleRifleG3:I believe you are right but I would call Savage Arms service dept.first.It,s on the internet and is an 800#.Sometimes they take care of these things at a low price or free. samuel.

·
Registered
935 Posts
MarciaAnn...If you will contact Midway (midwayusa.com) in Columbia, Missouri, they have what you need. Complete factory stocks for Savage. Prices aren't bad, either. Easiest way to go for original factory stocks.
Good Luck. JB

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are numerous vendors for a replacement stock, Cabelas, Midway USA, Boyd's and Elk Ridge. I personally like the looks of the Boyds lamenated stocks, I am getting one to replace my old .30-06 stock.
Chief

1 - 6 of 6 Posts