Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am now 16, have a truck, and a job. So instead of dreaming of all these nice things, I can save up for them :) but anywho...i was at scheels today and one of the many things i saw and wanted was a Savage model 111. has anyone had one or shot one before? if so what was it like? im looking into a nice bolt action rifle thats a little better to hunt with than my mini-14 on iron sights. you guys know the drill ;) also, i dont know if ya'll have heard. but my local shooting range seemed to be the spot for a suicide :( lots of bad stuff goin round lately... well any and all advice is 'preciated!
Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got a Savage 111 in 7mm Rem Mag. I'm pleased with it, and it does what we need it to. It's got a really solid action to. My old man bought it for me about a year ago, and it's been working great ever since. If you do decide to get the 111, just make sure you buy a new scope somewhere down the line. I've got the stock scope on it right now, a Simmons 3-9X40, and I guess it works, but I'd like to get something better on it.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
I have a 111G for sale in 300 RUM. It's treated me well, just need something a little different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts