Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 111G in 300 Ultra mag and would like to do a conversion to use an extended or detachable magazine of my own design (or someone else's). But I don't want to screw with the present mag or stock. Anyone know who makes a stock in that action for a good price? Would other long action stocks fit, or is the Ultra mag stock longer?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch, Savparts! Notice you're giving a lot of great help, are you from the company?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Choate's Ultimate Varmint Stock for the 110 will fit my 111G in 300 RUM?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Measure the front screw hole of the trigger guard to the screw hole of the action, see if it's 4 1/4 or 4 1/2 inchs, then see if the stock you want to buy is the same. If you have a longe action ( 5 inch H TO H ) and the stock is 5" no problem. But many stock manufactors have changed to 4 1/4 for short actions which are what SAVAGE is making now,

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every place I go lists a "long action" and "short action" version. If the same stock will fit the 300 RUM that fits the 30-06 and 300 Win Mag, I think I'm in business. I formerly had the impression that there would really be three action lengths: short, long, and long magnum, and that there would be a different stock for each. If I read you correctly, the long and long magnum have different receivers but the same stock, so a stock for a 30-06 would fit a 300 RUM. Am I understanding right? I'd absolutely love to get my Savage RUM in better shape, as the factory mag is a little bent in and I haven't been able to straighten it. It feeds a little rough, but with the way I shoot it, I usually feed it single shot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
RUM and WSSM use a 1 1/8 receiver the norm is 1 1/16 so swapping bbls from a 3006 to 300RUM not going to happen, however the stocks will interchange (unless they did something new since 2003) If you change bbl's from 3006/270 7mm mag ect, the receivers are the same 1 1/16 did this help you??

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, sorry to be so dense, but I gotta be sure before putting out hundreds on a special stock. Mine was bought in 2002, so your info is definitely applicable.

Thanks a bunch! I guess you've noticed I've had this question for a while.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes but I just found this site not long ago LOL as you can tell I answered even the OLD questions LOL
If I can help you let me know

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, you've been a great help already. When I get a little more money and pick the stock I ultimately want, I'll update.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually looking for more of an ergonomic beater, which is why the Choate Varminter appeals to me, but more money will have to come in first. Would like to try my own detachable mag conversion, but one thing at a time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking for a stock for a old (16,000 series serial) savage 110d. it isn't a blind mag, nor is it a mag fed action. there is a metal baseplate beneath the action (there is an opening on the bottom of the stock) but the metal baseplate that covers this hole. there is no purpose for this hole. the baseplate does not have a latch on to eject all the cartridges at once. I am new to this website, and don't know if this is the proper way to ask a question.
thank you
Jeanne Derksen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts