Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 111G in 300 Ultra mag and would like to do a conversion to use an extended or detachable magazine of my own design (or someone else's). But I don't want to screw with the present mag or stock. Anyone know who makes a stock in that action for a good price? Would other long action stocks fit, or is the Ultra mag stock longer?

· Registered
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Every place I go lists a "long action" and "short action" version. If the same stock will fit the 300 RUM that fits the 30-06 and 300 Win Mag, I think I'm in business. I formerly had the impression that there would really be three action lengths: short, long, and long magnum, and that there would be a different stock for each. If I read you correctly, the long and long magnum have different receivers but the same stock, so a stock for a 30-06 would fit a 300 RUM. Am I understanding right? I'd absolutely love to get my Savage RUM in better shape, as the factory mag is a little bent in and I haven't been able to straighten it. It feeds a little rough, but with the way I shoot it, I usually feed it single shot.

· Registered
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, sorry to be so dense, but I gotta be sure before putting out hundreds on a special stock. Mine was bought in 2002, so your info is definitely applicable.

Thanks a bunch! I guess you've noticed I've had this question for a while.

· Registered
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually looking for more of an ergonomic beater, which is why the Choate Varminter appeals to me, but more money will have to come in first. Would like to try my own detachable mag conversion, but one thing at a time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.