Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just purchased a Savage 12 ABT Tiger Mako in a .308. It shoots great and the Accu-trigger is amazing. This is a pretty unique rifle and the stock is pretty wild. I'll try to post a picture of it tomorrow. Does anyone know anything about these rifles? Savage doesnt list it in its catalog but I'm almost certain that it is a complete Savage build not a indiviual custom. Any info would be appretiated!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Did you measure the trigger pull? I have a Savage in 30-06 w/accutrigger. It was 3.5 lbs new even after I adjusted the pull as lowas it would turn but I worked on it afterwards and lowered it to 27 ozs.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
A .308 caliber varmint rifle?

Holy geesus....Although I know Arizona prairie dawgs have a lot of body mass I never realized deer and elk were varmints. LOL:joke:

·
Registered
740 Posts
A .308 caliber varmint rifle?
Holy geesus....Although I know Arizona prairie dawgs have a lot of body mass I never realized deer and elk were varmints. LOL:joke:
Yea .308 is a big bullet. One of my old loading manuals says .270 is considered the largest of the varmint calibers. That kinda surprised me too because .270 is awful powerful. Seems like it would pulverize a varmint. Maybe coyote would fit .308 or .270?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yeah...the rifle was bought as more of a bench gun than a varmint rifle. i have my Predator for that. but just for conversations sake...i have hit a song dog or two with my .308 and not completely oblitirated them...wasnt very healthy for them though!!

Did you measure the trigger pull? I have a Savage in 30-06 w/accutrigger. It was 3.5 lbs new even after I adjusted the pull as lowas it would turn but I worked on it afterwards and lowered it to 27 ozs.
the trgger on this one is the best i've seen. it came set at 2 lbs nd i adjusted it down to 1 1/2...the savage 12's and 40's have the 1 1/2 trigger. the trigger on my predator is good...havent measured it but it is light. even the one on my wifes 11 is pretty light. but i guess after years of cranking on Rem 700 triggers and my M4 anything would seem good!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts