Gun and Game Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bob and James,

Glad to see you found us. We ended up at 2 sites. The other is 24hourcampfire.com. This site went to its current style (started over, lost everything, again) right after we got here. Might be relocating again if I get enough e-mails (I'm at [email protected]) requesting the other site. What do you think?

Rick....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Rick,
I found you all again, again and you want to move again (again). I liked the old G&K format but my computer likes this one better. I'll check out the campfire site and let you know. Wyo-steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Rick....
Anyone have a 99 question? Any models to identify?

If you came over from the GunAndKnife Savage Forum Page and are now using a new name, please identify state your old name, also.
I tried posting via "QUOTE" once before and it didn't seem to work. My apologies if it shows up twice.

Rick...
Can you help me out with my 40/45 question?
http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=344

I occasionally posted under the same Shinglekill moniker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Shinglekill,

What is the question? Don't know much about the 40/45's but will try. Lucky to find you post. I've moved closer to the CAMPFIRE.

Rick....

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks Rick for the email left town for a few days to rid the world of a few sand rats and coyotes and looking forward to some good reading on the forum what a let down.finaly found this sight I dont post often but sure enjoy learning

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey thar cuzzins!I had'nt been on the old board too long till I got in a keyboard tussle with
Dynomoe and some idjet felt like I should be the one to go.I did go back a few times to get info and noticed that Dynomoe was gettin more and more crotchety and postin stuff much worse than what I got tarred and feathered for.Go figure.
Anyway cuzzins, I'll try and keep my shorts from gettin in a bunch cause you all shore is a wealth of info when it comes ta dem ol Savages,and I still gots a lot ta learn bout em.
My name over thar was Mitch.Talk at ya later cuzzins. Yer cuzzin Mitch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey there mitch although the comments of dynamoe were comical i knew it would only be a matter of time before someone would remind me of him , hopefully no one will tell him where we are LOL . good to see ya back

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All I am new to the forum, and I find it very informative I posted a question on a differant thread and was helped somewhat but maybe someone here can be more exact .Im trying to find out the year of my 99 it`s a .300 it has the Utica N.Y. stamp and the ser. # is 404049. It was handed down from my Dad who bought it used around 1959. It`s in great condition clean bore and nice wood. Shoots right where you point it .I have a 4x scope on it and I still use it for deer hunting because it`s the best gun Ive ever fired.I see on the forum differant models and wonder if that came in later years as mine just has the ser.# and no other #s on it. Well any info willl be appreciated, Thank`s

·
Registered
7 Posts
Scope Mounts Savage 99

I'm not sure if my quick reply worked. Anyhow, I bought my boy a Savage 99 in 300 Sav for Xmas. I'm going to have it tapped. I know about the value thing, but he'll hunt with it and have it the rest of his life, and not sell it. I like the 2 piece base system. The Weaver are aluminum and probably fine. Anyone make 2 piece that's steel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New guy on board - just registered. Own a couple of Model 99s - a 99F in .243 winchester and a 99G takedown model in .300 Savage. Looking for a resource for answering questions about these rifles.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow, who dug this old thread up?????

Everybody is gone, Rick and Elwood, Skid and Lightfoot are all over at the campfire these days.

MG Bill, what did you need to know, I can most likely help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, Mad Dog, guess that would have been me wielding the shovel...didn't notice some of the old dates!

What's this "campfire" you referred to?

I will start with one question for you - have only recently started to look at the auction sites for model 99s and have been surprised by some of the out-of-sight prices on specific models and/or calibers. There's a Mdl 99F in .358 Winchester that's listed for $1,895 on GB. It was made in the mid-60s so isn't terribly old. What's up with that? Is the caliber that rare or desirable?

Are there any particular features that rack up the desirability factor for this rifle?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
30,659 Posts
hi!
who are you people and where did you come from?

there is no 1899/99 Forum

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Hello All I am new to the forum, and I find it very informative I posted a question on a differant thread and was helped somewhat but maybe someone here can be more exact .Im trying to find out the year of my 99 it`s a .300 it has the Utica N.Y. stamp and the ser. # is 404049. It was handed down from my Dad who bought it used around 1959. It`s in great condition clean bore and nice wood. Shoots right where you point it .I have a 4x scope on it and I still use it for deer hunting because it`s the best gun Ive ever fired.I see on the forum differant models and wonder if that came in later years as mine just has the ser.# and no other #s on it. Well any info willl be appreciated, Thank`s
Your savage was manufactured in 1941.

As for the scope...buy a stith mount! They use the existing holes so you don't have to tap the receiver.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Texn, he made that post over 6 years ago, pretty sure he isn't still waiting for an answer.

Bill: because it's an auction site. You will find every idiot in the world who can't go out and find a deal for themselves swarm to the auction sites to pay twice the money a gun is actually worth because they're to lazy to get up off there arses and go hunt for one at a normal price. More money than brains.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Friends a fellow 99'ers: I've purchased new wood for my Vintage pre '26 30-30 '99. Straight grip stock with the Cresant butt. Where can I find a Buut Plate to fit? Numrich has some repo Cresant but plates fron the Win 86. Could one of these be modified to fit the Savage?
Cheers, Tony O^Ng CO.p
PS: I've located a pre WWII 99, .300 Sav., pistol grip rifle Schanable fore end. Marbels tang tang sight, Just about mint fir $650.oo+tx. What do you think?

Friends: I'm putting this out all the Sav 99 forums that I can find. I will need a Cresant Butt Plate for new stock that I am putting on my Vintage Savage 99. (pre 1926) At least a year older than I am. I've seen non listed. I have found that Numrich has repo cresant butt plates for the Win 86. I'm wondering if it could be madified to work on a Savage 99 butt stock?
Cheers, Tony O^Ng CO.p

·
Registered
1 Posts
99 date

Hi Guys,

About 10 years ago I sold my favorite deer rifle, a 99F in 300 savage.

Just bought a replacement, serial #5645xx, 23B inspector mark. Schnable fore end.

Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mad Dog,I picked up a Marbles S1 today for $65.00 at the Kingman az gun show this one 95% blue one other grey,same price,should I go back and get it also? Also got two Weave K4s $30 .00 no Marks, he also had a K4 with a dot,I passed on it! Did score on two old boxes 22WRF $11.00!

21 - 40 of 100 Posts