Gun and Game Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
New 99

Just picked up a Savage 99, ser# 10484XX It has a gold trigger, strieght forend and pistol grip with checkering, steel butt, raised ramp with a bead, tang safety,20 inch barrel. What is the model #. Date code is N 1962My first 99, I also have a 93SSHV, Bolt action in 17HMR and a Savage built Enfield No4 with a Savage built bayonet.
Thanks Lou

·
Registered
11 Posts
New to fourm, first post

Glad to be here. Love Savage 99 and the 300 savage. Presently own and shoot four 300 savages. Like them all. 300 kills deer as well as anything.
Also fond of 35 calibers. Have two whelens, a 350 mag, 2 358's and three 35 remingtons. Used to shoot pistol competively but eyes went bad due to diabetes. Still compete with rifle locally and do okay as long as it has a scope on it. Reloading and casting for forty years now. Really love it. Hope to post more later.:Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up a nice Sav 99 in 243 Win. Box mag, top safty, etc. Still a very nice rifle. My forth 99. My question is how do I do a trigger job on this piece?

It came with a 3X9 mm Bushnell Banner scope with the BDC feature. The ranging disk was missing. But they are on order.

Any suggestions, Tony O^Ng CO.p

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I am not sure what any of you guys are talking about with your other forum but I would like to say Welcome to Gun and Game! I hope that you guys can give excellent advise to this forum and receive excellent advise from the experienced members here. be sure to look around, we are like a family on here.

Chris

O wait, I just looked at all of their join dates. now I feel like an idiot! LOL!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome Back

There was a Savage 99 forum that I lost track of 5-6 years ago, that I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm hopefull that it will be rekindled here.
(I believe I recognized so of the names in this thread.)

·
Premium Member
30,659 Posts
I am not sure what any of you guys are talking about with your other forum but I would like to say Welcome to Gun and Game! I hope that you guys can give excellent advise to this forum and receive excellent advise from the experienced members here. be sure to look around, we are like a family on here.

Chris

O wait, I just looked at all of their join dates. now I feel like an idiot! LOL!
these guys have come out of nowhere before.
i have no idea who these people are .

·
Premium Member
30,659 Posts
Well group...

Starting over 2 times in one week! This sucks. I came here because it was like the old GunAndKnife board only to get dumped and have to start over with a new format. I want to post questions and make replies not play games with silly little faces. Oh well, enough said. On with life. Anyone have a 99 question? Any models to identify?

If you came over from the GunAndKnife Savage Forum Page and are now using a new name, please identify state your old name, also.

Rick.... (Rick....)
are you sure you are not looking for savage.com or something?

·
Registered
209 Posts
The bulk of the knowledge has migrated over to 24 hr. A few of us check in here to help out other members with lever action savage questions. The savage 99 guys started out on the old gunandknife forum, briefly stopped in here before heading on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
info on my 99

I have an awesome savage 99C that my father purchased for me from a friend when I came of hunting age. I have two queries concerning my rifle. First I am trying to figure it's age. I had to call my mom to get the serial because it is currently kept at the folks place. she found the #D170578 stamped under the reciever. She said she couldn't find any other #s on it. The rifle is a .308 with detachable clip magazines and has a plain forend and pistol grip that are both checkered. it is not a take down rifle and i believe it has a 20" barrel, could be 22. Any info on this gun would be greatly appreciated, and also if anyone with a similiar rifle has any advice on ammo, that would be great too. She shoots great for deer, but if I could get tighter groups with a better load I'd love it! i've used some regular factory loads so far, but may try some handloads in the near future.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Date of manufacture 1979. Two magazine models were produced that year 99C and 99CD. By this time they were pretty close to the same. The CD would have white line spacer on the recoil pad and a medallion in the grip cap. Great hunting rifles!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am sure that one of you '99 fans will have a list of cartridges it was built for. I have a 99 in 243, and would love to have one in 7mm/08 or 308 win. Any of these around?
Even though they are a little heavy, they are a nice rifle to shoot.
Al

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am sure that one of you '99 fans will have a list of cartridges it was built for. I have a 99 in 243, and would love to have one in 7mm/08 or 308 win. Any of these around?
Even though they are a little heavy, they are a nice rifle to shoot.
Al
Al,

7mm-08 is out there, but not very common (ask mad dog :D ) the 308 depending on model can be rare or a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
377 Posts
No, the two piece Weavers are #14 and #19. I have a set here but I never use the Weavers. A one piece Leupold or Redfield Jr work ten times better.

·
Registered
350 Posts
do you have the stock or model number for the leupold and redfield jr, it would be greatly apreciated, I need to put a scope on it due to my eysight and i really miss shooting it.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts