Gun and Game Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
The Redfield Jr's were stamped 99R on the sides of them, you can find them on Ebay from time to time (thats where I get mine) but I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore. The Leupolds should be stocked by any gunshop in your area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
model 99's

I just found this forum and was wondering if some one could help with approximate build year on my 99f .243 the sn is 1020xxx. I also have a 99 that is a 22hp but i dont have the sn for it. Both were my Grandfathers guns and he killed plenty of white tail with both of them in south Texas. Thanks in advance and I have enjoyed reading the threads.

·
Registered
377 Posts
DH, was gone for the weekend hunting.

Your gun was made in 1965.

Andmar, your gun was made in 1961. Is that 22 H.P. of yours a Take down model or a solid frame?

·
Premium Member
30,659 Posts
who ARE you people?

·
Registered
4 Posts
22 high power

the 22 hi power is a take down model, but i messed up several years ago and had it reblued. I didnt know that was an issue until about a week ago. An update on the 243: my 11 year old son took his first buck with it Sunday mornin. His Great granpaw woulda been proud. Thanks Paw-Paw.

·
Registered
377 Posts
who ARE you people?
I'm not quite sure, this thread kinda became something of a community thread or something?????

I know Rick pretty well and he hasn't been here since 2002 when he started it.

I'd just lock it down and let this thread die due to age and let these guys looking for 99 info just start new posts.

My .02.

·
Registered
14 Posts
. Oh well, enough said. On with life. Anyone have a 99 question? Any models to identify?

)
Actually I do. As I stated in another thread I started, I just picked up a 99 in 358. But, it has an 18" barrel. From the little I have read and seen about the 358, it seems like it only came in with a 22" barrel. Is my 18" barrel a factory length, or did someone cut the barrel down?

serial C176XXX

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ya, I'm kinda surprised this thread is still running, it's from 2002 and some of the original guys on the first couple pages are all gone.

They came here when the gun and knife forum closed down back in 2002 so they needed a place where the Savage collectors could get together. Then they found a place where they got their own section and went from there. I know for a fact alot of the originals are still around collecting and haven't been back here since 2002.

I just like to browse around and see whats up. Every now and then you learn something you never knew before about the 99's by asking the right questions. Some guys have rare guns and don't even know it and others have run of the mill rats and they think they're worth millions! I just like to help out from time to time. I'm a moderator on a couple forums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
model 99 CD .243

Hi. I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I break any forum rules. I am an avid Savage Model 99 enthusiast, and have been since my first deer hunting experience using my Grandfather's .300. I would be most appreciative if anyone could provide any info on the value of a .243 model 99 CD, with a Redfield 3x9 scope mounted. The rifle is in the original box, and in like new condition. The current owner is not aware that it has ever been fired. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The CD is not a highly collectable 99, but that being said condition is king! So if it is like new it is worth a bit more than the standard run of the mill CD. Also depends on whether you plan on hunting it or stashing it away as a collector. Check out the auction sites and see what they are selling for. It is hard to give a value not seeing pictures of the rifle. Also depending on your location will vary the price. Bottom line is a brand new BLR with a scope would be in the $1,000 range.

·
Registered
377 Posts
CD's were oly made for 5 years and there aren't a whole lot of them out there in 243.

I think the post-mil collectors would top out alot more than $1000 on a N.I.B. CD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
model 99 CD .243

Thank you the replies and suggestions. I checked several auctions online and found only one rifle in model 99 CD .243. In fact I googled the entire internet and it is the only one I found. The rifle listed is 90%, starting bid $500, with a Buy It Now price of $995. It has a 4 power Bushnell scope.

Savage 99CD 243 : Lever Action at GunBroker.com

The seller of the rifle I am thinking about is in "Like New Condition in the box" and is asking for $625.

·
Registered
6 Posts
savage model 99 CD .243

I grabbed it today. what a beauty. Wondered if anyone would have any additional info on it. It came with the box. On the box end the label shows: 99-CD Deluxe. 22 inch barrel. Serial Number: C454929.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Right in the middle of the production (1977) should have the medallion in the grip cap and not in the toe of the butt stock. 1977 is when that change occured, so I don't know if that happened at the start of the year or in the fall. If you could let us know where it is located that would be great. Good deal, nice looking rifles and one with a box I don't think that I would be wanting to hunt it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the information 99trix; appreciate that. The medallion is in the grip cap. Went over it today inch by inch. It's immaculate. What a beautiful piece of engineering. Had thought it would be good to see how this gal shoots; however, have decided it will stay in the box. Hmm....is that like having a good beagle and not letting it hunt?

61 - 80 of 100 Posts