Gun and Game Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Some are shooters and hunters, some are collectors. Sounds like yours is a collector. They only make new once| Pics would be nice!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yup, that's a collector! It will do nothing but go up in value if it stays in that condition with the box. Great caliber also!

·
Registered
1 Posts
savage 99EG bluing

I have a Savage 99EG made in 1949 and would like to know what bluing process Savage used in the late 1940's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gents,
I'm new here. Just traded for a Savage99 in 300Savage very good condition. S#556130. I would like to know the approx. value of the gun and it's age.
Oh yes, I didn't want to drill and tap it so I bought a Marble tang sight for it.

Thanks for your time,
ccrconner

·
Registered
209 Posts
DOM would be 1950. Only two models that year EG and R. Since yours is not drilled and tapped it would be an EG. Most common 99 of that era. Picture would be required to determine value. Go online to gun broker or one of the auction sites and find the completed auctions for EG's in 300 and that will give you an idea of the value. Great deer rifles!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate the info. They are a great deer rifle. To bad Indiana won't let me use it!
Doe's anyone here have a favorite handload for them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help in Texas

I just aquired a 99 in 30 WCF with a G on the lever boss just above the pivot pin and a ser. # 313xxx anyone got an idea when this beauty was manufactured?

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for sharing them with us!

·
Registered
209 Posts
No. It looks in fine shape. Too bad about non original recoil pad, that kills any collector value. From the pictures it looks like a 99G with the recoil pad and sling studs. Condition looks quite high, case colours still on the lever and lots of bluing left. Great rifle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks again, I really did not buy it for collector value, I just needed a good brush gun and a friend of mine suggested that the 99 in 30 cal would be a good choice. I picked the 30 WCF due to the availability of ammo.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That will make one fine brush rifle. That is a good rear sight also, a Lyman 56S. I would like to get one of those one day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering about the Noshoc recoil pad on my 99 that has lessened the collector value, is there somewhere I can go to find any historical info on it? I have seen some for sale on other sites for around $30 but no historical info.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts