Gun and Game Forum banner

Savage 30-30 Bolt Action

119K views 56 replies 33 participants last post by  Lee morgan 
#1 ·
I just saw a Savage bolt action 30-30 at a shop. Are these good rifles? I have had some issues with some older Savage .22s and would hate to have them with a centerfire. It was a nifty little rifle. It had a birch stock, an older Bushnell 3x9 on a Weaver sidemount, and a very nice bore. It is a short and light rifle, something like I was looking at for my daughter for deer hunting. Is $279 a decent price? The only issue I saw was that the sear needed polishing.

#52 ·
they are great little guns. i have one. it was the first gun i have ever had. i got it when i was 11 years old. i am 44 and it shoots like it did straight out of the box. if your daughter is not good with recoil, remington makes 50% reduced recoil ammo. my son has a marlin 30-30 and he uses those. his gun shoots like a .22

#54 ·
The 30-30 caliber would be more than adequate for most any boar out to 150-200yds with the right ammo. As for the little Savage I like mine and don't feel bad if it gets beat up. If you can find one I say pick it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.