Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this today! I absolutely LOVE it! I went straight to the shooting range afterwards with it. I know it isn't the best thing to do, but it was flawless anyways. I bought a couple different boxes of ammo. I first started shooting with Winchester super x. It went threw the gun perfectly! I also tried two kinds of Federal, as well as two different Remington rounds. The federal works great, but the remington had all these missfires! There were clear marks in the rounds, and the other ammo went threw it before the remington without any problems, so I'm pretty sure it was just the ammo. Specifically it was Remington Target, the other Remington is the Cyclone stuff, and it did better, but still had a few missfires if I remember correctly, could be wrong. I just LOVE this rifle! Didn't see how accurate is yet. I was just plinking.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I don't know why remington is such a well known name when alot of their stuff is so-so. Don't get me wrong they do have some nice guns, but when it comes to other things they just slack at it, like they think just selling some 700 will make up for it. Thx to the guys that helped me out!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I almost bought 770 when I was looking for my first rifle, but, thx to the ppl here, I didn't get it, Thank GOD!

·
Registered
328 Posts
My nephew has th 770,and he called me last week and said that the bolt handle and a lug broke cleanly off the bolt.I told him to send it back to Remington(to get it repaired under warranty)and sell that P.O.S. while it was still fairly new!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they haven't given up on that gun since it is a cheap gun to make I bet, and it comes as a package. So, they are basically trying to sell it to any new guy looking for a gun, and all he knows is the name remington...

·
Registered
328 Posts
You are probably right about that.Although it may be a cheap gun it still looks like a good buy to the inexperienced.
Goes right back to the old saying"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"!
That's one of the cool things about this site,you can get other's opinions and experiences before you waste your money.

My honest belief is,you are only as good as the equipment you are using!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Guys I need help!!! The booklet for my gun says to hold the bolt open pull back the bolt all the way then slowly let it forward, and when it is at the counter bore push in. I do this, but it doesn't go in! Any help?

Also, any idea for any better iron sights?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts