Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know wether a 22hi power mag in the 99 will feed 25-35's if I fit 25-35 barrel to my take down.Hi power barrel's chamber is shot and I have a guy who can make me another barrel.Which cal can I,should I rechamber to,would I have to change brass rotor for it to feed 25-35's?If not my gunsmiths changed another guys 99 from .228 to .224.Factory ammo and components are a pain to come by down here.I paid $160 aus for 40 RWS rounds only to find a sloppy chamber.It still shot 2 and a half inch groups at 100 yds,even with it's worn out rusted,pitted barrel,but you should have seen bent case's it made.Any help appreciated

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Man these things are starting to get some collector value. Especially in the rarer chamberings like the .22 hi power. Unless it is in pretty rough shape I'd leave it alone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is roughed up,drilled receiver and barrel ,looks like someone had tried to mount a side mount contraption on it for a scope.Probably it worked but it turned a $800 dollar gun into a $400 one.I already refinished the stock with B.Caseys tru oil and wax and looks beautiful,real nice walnut.So I guess I already stepped in it but as soon as I saw her at a gun show I knew it was gonna get once over.In Feb next year Im picking up a late detachable clip 22-250 model ,scoped and in much better condition like 80% the guy say's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts