Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the above rifle. My new hunting partner (recently moved to a new province) whom I hunted with this Nov for the first time is an avid Savage fan (he has no less than 3 - .300's) and he let me use his .300. I loved it and therefore went looking for my own.

I had to purchase the rifle sight unseen and I'd like to take it apart and give it a thorough cleaning and inspection since that wasn't done by the seller. I am loathe to do so without a manual or guide and can't find one anywhere.

Would anybody here have a manual/guide for dissassembling this rifle, or know where I could find one?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not sure about any manual or guide for taking it apart, but here is a link to a break down picture showing both the rotary mag and the clip.

Savage, Fox, Springfield & Stevens | 99C | e-GunParts.com

The rotary mags are really quite easy to take apart, just have to be real careful removing the butt stock, no side to side wiggling. I know of a couple of guys who have cracked their stocks removing them! Go slow, if you have specific questions you can PM me or another canuck on this site Mad_Dog.

Welcome to the sight! One 99 will be lonely in your cabinet, you will end up with more!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch for the reply and link. I'm going to print that diagram out but probably won't need it. After posting here I did some more research on the web and ended up registering with GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction I found a "takedown guide" for the Savage 99's and ended up winning the bid (it's like ebay) and got the manual for $8.00. BTW, it was a dutch auction so they have more than one, if you interested, you could probably get a copy yourself for the same price. Here's a link to the auction:
GunBroker.com guns: Savage 99 Takedown Guide (item: 86229385 ends: Dec-01-07 04:35:00 PM)

I've already called them, paid via credit card and it's being shipped immediately.

I'll be hanging around here lots and keeping my eyes open on GunBroker.com (there's several 99's up for auction as we speak) and all over looking to keep my 99 from getting "lonely" ;)

Not sure about any manual or guide for taking it apart, but here is a link to a break down picture showing both the rotary mag and the clip.

Savage, Fox, Springfield & Stevens*&[email protected]#%|*&[email protected]#%99C*&[email protected]#%|*&[email protected]#%e-GunParts.com

The rotary mags are really quite easy to take apart, just have to be real careful removing the butt stock, no side to side wiggling. I know of a couple of guys who have cracked their stocks removing them! Go slow, if you have specific questions you can PM me or another canuck on this site Mad_Dog.

Welcome to the sight! One 99 will be lonely in your cabinet, you will end up with more!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts