savage accutrigger

Discussion in 'Savage' started by tippmann7, May 4, 2008.

1. tippmann7

tippmann7 G&G Enthusiast

how do you get the accutrigger adjusted to 1lb trigger pull....it says 2.5lbs is the minimum but iv heard of people getting it to 1lb?

2. sirptrk

sirptrk Guest

I believe that the 1 1/2 lb trigger is only on the law inforcement models that Savage sells. Mine stops at just a little under 2 1/2 lbs.

3. Zen900

Zen900 Guest

My Savage 110 would dial no lower than 3 1/2 lbs when I bought it but I was able to work on it and easily got it just under 30 ozs. BTW, that is as low as I'd want a hunting rifle trigger to go. Anything approaching 1lb is strictly a bench trigger.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  4. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

While the accu-trigger works for most,I find pulling that little thing back to release the trigger verry distracting,In my opinion,a twostage trigger is as good or better ,but I like singlestage triggers with 2 1/2lbs and a crisp release.I believe going below this is courting an accident in hunting rifles and if you have any creep or over travel,I find it distracting at the verry time I should be consentrating strictly on the target.Often a real light pull is verry distracting to me. sam.

5. jv101

jv101 G&G Newbie

might have to adjust my savage 10fp's trigger, whats the stock pull at?

6. GMCGUY

GMCGUY G&G Newbie

Clip part of the spring off, very carefully!

7. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My 10LE will go to 1.5 pounds, but I left it just shy of 2. It feels very light, at that adjustment, and too light trigger pull is courting an accident. My old Mod. 70 came with an adjustable trigger, and I left it at just under three pounds, 'cause I hunt with it. That old gun has a super crisp trigger, and feels like a feather at three pounds, so I'm very content with it. I've seen some custom triggers for mosins, and may just have to try one on my Finnish rifle, and see how they work. I don't like creepy triggers, either.

8. Ron AKA

Ron AKA Guest

Tippmann do you have a centerfire or rimfire? The triggers are different. You can see how I adjusted my rimfire version down to 12 oz at the link below.

Savage Rimfire AccuTrigger Tuning - RimfireCentral.com Forums

I would assume the process is somewhat similar on the centerfire, but have not done it.

Ron

9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ron, I've dealt with several Savage triggers, and some of them don't have the capacity to be tuned past two pounds, without modification. And I'm not too hot about playing with trigger assemblies, in that fashion. Thre are aftermarket triggers that are safe, that will go light, if that's what a fella wants. Personally, anything below three pounds is too light for hunting, in my opinion. It just doesn't seem safe. My 10LE has the lightest pull of any of my rifles, but it's only used at the bench.

10. Ron AKA

Ron AKA Guest

The nice thing about the Savage AccuTrigger is that it fails safe, and just locks up when you have it set too light. I know that some take out the AccuTrigger leaf and spring, but I don't agree with that. If it is a hunting gun, then one needs to be sure to take the tools with you to make adjustments in the field if necessary.

Ron

11. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Scottys correct here, the only model I believe that Savage sells rhat will adjust under 1 lb is the 12F and FTR respectively but for the 10 or 110 you can get a Rifle basix in two models 4 to 2 lb which I bought was 62 bucks at cabellas and the 3 to 6 oz is about $110 from the same place. They both come with detailed instructions and you remove the trigger/safety spring and the new one has screw detents that will replace them as well as adjust safety tention and over travel. IMO thats the best way to go if the comisar wont let you buy a new one.

12. Ron AKA

Ron AKA Guest

Did you actually read this link?

Savage Rimfire AccuTrigger Tuning - RimfireCentral.com Forums

And the original question asked:

"how do you get the accutrigger adjusted to 1lb trigger pull....it says 2.5lbs is the minimum but iv heard of people getting it to 1lb?"

Ron

13. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Sorry ron I didnt read it and you know what they say about assumptions but any way I was talking about some of the adds I have read and just repeating the info but I can be incorrect and usually am sometimes. Anyway I dont always see the the big picture sorry for the goof