Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the hell did the ` they shoot great but are a bit rough around the edges ` crap come from??

If I was going to pick fly poop from pepper, my beautiful VLP has the slightest blem in the veneer of the laminate, but its one visual blem and you can`t feel it.

I actually like it to be truthful.

Mine`s not got the black coating on the action and it cycled nicely from new, and only got better with lube and use.

I`ve spoken to guys with the black coated version, and they tell me its not sticky, just not as plush as the non coated version from new, but it soon comes up great.

But most importantly, how do these rifle shoot?!

Mine shot MOA and better during break in, so did Bill`s, so did the guy`s I`ve seen at the range with new Savages.

My Savage rifle gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. It`s just a grand piece of equipment.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,575 Posts
I'm considering one in 17HMR. They are good guns for the money. I'm saddled with the Stevens from hell, but again don't totally blame the gun. I let a guy talk me into a bad scope decision. (that won't happen again) bein's my wife got me another 223, it's gone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where the hell did the ` they shoot great but are a bit rough around the edges ` crap come from??

If I was going to pick fly poop from pepper, my beautiful VLP has the slightest blem in the veneer of the laminate, but its one visual blem and you can`t feel it.

I actually like it to be truthful.

Mine`s not got the black coating on the action and it cycled nicely from new, and only got better with lube and use.

I`ve spoken to guys with the black coated version, and they tell me its not sticky, just not as plush as the non coated version from new, but it soon comes up great.

But most importantly, how do these rifle shoot?!

Mine shot MOA and better during break in, so did Bill`s, so did the guy`s I`ve seen at the range with new Savages.

My Savage rifle gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. It`s just a grand piece of equipment.
i am guessing it comes from all those remington 700 owners that buy the gun without a scope or rings for $700+

then they get furious when they hear about our rifles that come with accutrigger and equipped with a scope for $350+tax and they shoot just as good and even better

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
with the loads i have decided are ALMOST good enough i am getting around 1/2 MOA.
i have yet to find the magic one though......

ahhhhhhh reloading!:)

more testing...

i paid $560 after tax etc.
but after all the add ons scope,rings,mounts,stock,bipod
$1100

did i mention this is exactly how i wanted it?

one more spooky black rifle for the pile!

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I think Savages are great guns for the money. I have 3 right now, and will probably buy more in the future.

·
Premium Member
30,668 Posts
ive got this one and the savage enfield.
and they are both great shooters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts