Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking at handguns online looking for what to save up for when I turn 21 in september lol. Anyway I was looking mainly at revolvers and break action handguns with long barrels. Durring my search I saw a pic of a savage striker. Its a bolt action pistol. I cant seem to find it on savages website does anyone have any info on it? I did a quick google on it before I did the post and found pic of it here WTS 17 HMR Pistol, Savage Striker Model 503 - TheFiringLine Forums

After a long search online it looks like it was discontinued which is too bad it looked like a neat and original gun lol.

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
ive been looking for one myself.
id like one in .204

·
Registered
176 Posts
Remington used to make a bolt pistol. Iwanted one of those, or the stiker. Hey BILLY, How about an ENCORE pistol with a 16" or longer barrel?

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
nope,
i want a bolt one .

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
The Savage Stiker was discontinued a few years ago. I asked a friend who works at Savage and he has no knowledge of Savage re-introducing the Stiker in the near future. Maybe if Savage got enough interest in them by folks like us they could change their minds. I'd like to have one in .243 or even .223.
Write to Savage (attn: Mr Joe Grande)
The Remington XP-100 will run you around $900; if you can find on. That's what they go for here.
The Striker with a heavy barrel!!!

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
What about T/C? Don't they make a bolt action pistol? Could be wrong, thought they do/did. Just throwing it out there.

And try searching GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction for what you're looking for. You can also search auctionarms.com and gunsinternational.com for it.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
GunsAmerica.com had a couple strikers about a week ago but I think they were in 7mmBR or something like that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I got one I would want a .223 or something around it. I am kind of put off by buying a rifle or handgun that is discontinued and had a short sale life. I saw in news clippings that it was unvailed in 2000 and it was discontinued before 2008 so if something breaks or needs service your prob gonna be out of luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts