Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from wallyworld with a new savage in 30-06. This has the fairly new "accu-trigger" system and guys, I own a lot of rifles, and I have shot a lot more, and I have NEVER...EVER felt a trigger as sweet as the one straight from the factory as what is on this savage!

crisp as breaking glass, no post travel, no pre-travel..none..zip...zero....and the pull I'd guess (I will throw my digital scale on it later) can't be more than a pound...maybe a pound and a half tops

Have you ever shot a kidd trigger on a 10/22? this makes a kidd look sick.

I am utterly amazed that it comes from the factory this sweet!

Bob

(Now off to the range to see how accurate it is!)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
It'll probably shoot very well. Back a few years ago I was addicted to varmint rifles and the most accurate one I found was the bargain priced savage 112fv.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
ruger22,

I've been entertaining the idea of looking for a 30.06 caliber that I can scope (since I don't want to 'bubbasize' my 1903 A3s) and the Savage might well be a contender.

Question: Does the receiver come drilled for a scope mount?

BTW, I would really be interested in your honest opinion of it's accuracy once you've gotten around to shooting it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Answer: Yes, every Savage comes drilled and tapped for scope mounts.

I will never end my preaching of the Savage rifle. It is a great rifle, for half the cost. I think Savage is really starting to step up in the gun world and we can expect to see huge steps in the future.

·
Registered
992 Posts
My friend Bob has the Savage Model 12 FV in .204 Ruger, I was so impressed with the Accu-trigger that I bought the Savage model 10FP-LE2 in .308. What a nice piece, I love it, I started with the Blazer piece of crap 8X32X44MM scope, every shot I had to reset the windage. then I bought a Millet 4X16X56MM mildot with Millet rings, I can't wait go get home and try it with the new scope. Accu-trigger is the sweetest thing since smokeless powder.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I personally don't like Savage's synthetic stocks, the feel cheap to me, for the most part I prefer wood. I think Savage's wood stocks are just fine, although it seems to dent easily.

I also think that the accu trigger is the best factory trigger made.

As far as accuracy, it shoots better than I can.

·
Registered
847 Posts
From everything I've heard about these it must be time for me to get one, when theres a bit more of the folding stuff around.

Cheers

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dale said:
ruger22,

I've been entertaining the idea of looking for a 30.06 caliber that I can scope (since I don't want to 'bubbasize' my 1903 A3s) and the Savage might well be a contender.

Question: Does the receiver come drilled for a scope mount?

BTW, I would really be interested in your honest opinion of it's accuracy once you've gotten around to shooting it.

Thanks.
Actually is came with a simmon 4x9x40 scope as part of a package ($350 or so at wallmart)
Here is a not too great photo:

they also have lasar etches the name savage on the bolt...kinda makes it easy to find if you have a few other similar synthetics in your safe as I do.
Bob

·
Registered
992 Posts
My model 10FP-LE2 came drilled and tapped for the scope mount, it has 2 front swivel studs to accommodate a bipod and sling, 5 round internal magazine, and of course, the user adjustable Accu-trigger.

"Life is too important to be taken seriously,"

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That Accu-Trigger system is awesome. I checked it out thoroughly the other day. The break is excellent. Best factory trigger by far in my book.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I will agree that the Savage stocks are pretty cheaply made. From what I heard, the synthetic is pretty cheap and i know my wood dents pretty darn easy. But, if you want a good laminate stock go to http://www.boydboys.com/ . I havent heard much about them, but from what I see, they are good. Really want one for my rifle and they even make one in left hand for me.

·
Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17
2,041 Posts
Otter said:
My friend Bob has the Savage Model 12 FV in .204 Ruger, I was so impressed with the Accu-trigger that I bought the Savage model 10FP-LE2 in .308. What a nice piece, I love it, I started with the Blazer piece of crap 8X32X44MM scope, every shot I had to reset the windage. then I bought a Millet 4X16X56MM mildot with Millet rings, I can't wait go get home and try it with the new scope. Accu-trigger is the sweetest thing since smokeless powder.
Absolutely wonderful and affordable rifles. Sub-MOA performance at a bargain. Savage is a Pro-2nd Amt. company too.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stock

This is only my second synthetic stock....and it is a tad disappointing from a "finish" standpoint....But the bottom line is how well it feels and shoots...and as far as that goes...it is a sweet deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts