Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am picking up this rifle after the waiting period in calif next week..... a savage model 23c sporter in 32-20 wcf .....im looking foreward to shooting this light rifle.... does any one have any suggestions ..... also my dad traded a rifle he had for an auto ordinance 45acp...... new condition..... i plan on shooting it tomorrow.... any suggestions? ....

i cant figure out how to introduce myself..... new to site and i am a computer klutz.... i can shoot pretty good, but these damn computers are fuzzier that the front sight on my rifles......

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad to have you aboard!! No offense (to anyone), but I am glad I do not live in California. I am to spoiled with not having the fire arm laws and restrictions you folks have to deal with. Check the forums for more specific info or suggestions on your shooters.:burnout:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,693 Posts
Welcome, Pajaro!
A local gun&pawn had a similar rifle awhile back, and I seriosly thought of getting it - but the bolt wouldn't stay cocked when cycled. I didn't know if parts would be available, so let it go. I am interested in the .32-20 cartridge, as we use it's brass for making our 7.62X38R loads for the Nagant revolver. I like the old cartridges, this one and the .22 Hornet. They have a certain charm the newer ones lack.
Best thing for that .45 pistol - PRACTICE! The .45ACP is a handful, but with lots of potential! Shoot it awhile before deciding on any mods. I did a lot of mods to mine, then ended up putting it back pretty much to factory stock. I like it the way Saint Browning designed it! :)

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Hey welcome to G&G, would have welcomed you sooner but your thread wasn't in the new post's as introduction, and I might not have stumbled across your thread because im a handgun/shotgun guy.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
picked up the 32-20

picked up the rifle and went shooting with a buddy of mine.... it functions well and seems pretty accurate.... i was primarily testing for function.... now, i need to pick up some dies and bullets and start working with it... it seems there arent too many choices for bullets availavle locally, so it may take some time..... the 45 .... i ran a box of winchester ammo through it and had 4 stovepipes..... i have discovered that auto ord. is not considered to be a reliable manufacturer, but ill load several hundred rounds and shoot them to see if this particular gun works itself in.... the best thing.... after firing 50 rounds i used my 9mm browning hi power and it was like shooting a 22 almost..... i have about 4000 rounds through the hi power, so just shooting the 45 has bennies even if i cant get it to function reliably.... any more comment on the 32-20 would be welcome, as i am intrigued by the older calibres.... sometimes less is more..... thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts