Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
I am wondering what everyone thinks of this gun. I recently got rid of my old .22 due to its lack of accuracy, and want to replace it with something that will be fairly accurate from 75 to maybe the occasional 100 yard shot at a groundhog or something. I really like the accutrigger and am wondering what everyone else thinks of the rifle as a whole. All comment are appreciated. Thanks,
Zane

Sorry if this has been covered already.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
they are swet shooters, i had one without the accu trigger frokm walmart for 100.00 and it outshot every 22 i got

·
Registered
314 Posts
my son has a mkIIlv and it shoots.. he has used it for .22 sil. matches and it holds it own with the higher priced .22's
if you go to get 1 , get 1 with the hvy . bdl. and if your just going to use a scope get the 1 with the weaver mounts already on the bdl. my son just picked up a savage .22 mag. like that and it shoots just as good as the others.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
+1 on the Savage. I recently sold mine (never used it anymore) but it was a sweet-shooting rifle. I don't consider the .22 LR a good round for groundhogs at 100 yards, but that distance is certainly within the gun's ability.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have whooped several grounhogs with my dads .22 at 100-130 yards. It is target grade rifle though which might be part of it. None of them suckers went anywhere though, a well placed shot to the head and nothing will walk away.
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Savage Arms Mark II

The Mark II is one of the best buys in the .22 rifle market.The new ones have the accu-trigger and are very accurate and reasonably priced.Don't see how you could go wrong here.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have to agree that this little gem is under rated as a great buy. It is my favorite .22 rifle thus far, and for the price, you can't beat it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm quite fond of my Mark II. The newer accutrigger models can be very easily modified to a pull weight even below the minimum setting. Mine is set at around 1.2#. Great guns for the price, and better than some with a significantly higher tag too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts