Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what y'all know about the Savage Mk II: accuracy, reliability, or personal experiences. I have been thinking about getting one for a truck gun because they are like 100 bucks at Wally World. I am open to any other recommendations as long as it is a bolt gun for $150 or less. Thanks alot

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,972 Posts
While I prefer the Marlin bolt guns, the Savage is a good gun too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
my son has had 1 for about 8 years.. it will shoot. fined out what ammo it likes best.... he has the lv mod. the lamanated stock..
the only down side is the trigger.... had some work done to it but still rough... you can get a drop in for about 80 bucks....
our gun clun just got 10 mkll with the composit stocks and peep sites. they all shoot... but again the trigger....

·
Registered
314 Posts
charlie: the 1's we got for the club do not have the accu trigger. but we felt we got a good deal on the rifles. we got the right from savage. i think it was 150 each . they all had williams peep sights already installed on them...
we have about 15 kids useing them for the jr. rifle program i run there. we start the kids off on sandbags. the after a few weeks when they get use to them we put them in slings.. thats when it gets fun !!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea that does sound like a pretty good deal and the ones i saw in Wally World didn't have the accutrigger anyway. But still a good truck gun i think.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I've had one now for about 2 years. I have shot well over 5000rds through it and it's still very accurate. Not quite as accurate as it was, but it still does well. The Federal Bulk Pack shot well in mine and feed slick. I also had to do a trigger job on it, and set it as low as I could with the bolt still being able to open. Good rifle for the messily $100, just do yourself a favor and trash the BSA 4x15 that come with it. Get a decent fixed 4 or a good 3x9.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts