Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've narrowed my search down to one of these three models. 12BTCSS ,12BVSS & the model 12 Long Range Precision.Does anybody have an opinion on whether the long range precision model will shoot any better out of the box than the other two?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My FFL has the tricked out LRP in the .308 and his buddy has the 6.2-.284. They are both sweet!!! I am just like you, looking at all three and can't make up my mind. I would buy the LRP if it came with the laminate stock. All I know is that since Savage came out with the Accutrigger, they all shoot sweet. If you can afford it, I would go with the LRP. It has the "target" Accutrigger in it and just looks like it is mean. Let me know how you make your decision though. I am tired of counting pennies and flipping coins!!!

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
I have a model 10 with the BTCSS stock and it's a great shooter although heavy, The only difference of the three choices is the stock configuration. My 10 started out as an FP with synthetic stock but the stock was poorly made so I had Savage put on the thumbhole laminate...I love it!
I enjoy the ooohs and aaahs I get at the range but I enjoy the shooting and accuracy even more. Just because it looks mean doesn't mean you will like it. Go to a dealer and check them out for feel before you lay out the bucks.
That's it, my avatar.
Model 10 = 24" barrel; Model 12 = 26" barrel...actions are the same.
The major expense on the LRP is the stock.
AccuTrigger on each Model 12 The target trigger is simply adjustable to a lighter pull than a standard accutrigger.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Personally i would go with the Model 12 Long Range Precision! if you have enough money

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a model 10 with the BTCSS stock and it's a great shooter although heavy, The only difference of the three choices is the stock configuration. My 10 started out as an FP with synthetic stock but the stock was poorly made so I had Savage put on the thumbhole laminate...I love it!
I enjoy the ooohs and aaahs I get at the range but I enjoy the shooting and accuracy even more. Just because it looks mean doesn't mean you will like it. Go to a dealer and check them out for feel before you lay out the bucks.
That's it, my avatar.
Model 10 = 24" barrel; Model 12 = 26" barrel...actions are the same.
The major expense on the LRP is the stock.
AccuTrigger on each Model 12 The target trigger is simply adjustable to a lighter pull than a standard accutrigger.
The receiver is different on the LRP from the other model 12s.I guess what i'm really asking is how much difference that would make in accuracy.thanks for all the imput so far.Let me know if you have an opinion.Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts