close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Savage Model 1914

Discussion in '.22/rimfire' started by Bud270, May 18, 2017.

1. Bud270

Bud270 G&G Newbie

Hello;
    New here & have a question re the Savage Model 1914 Takedown pump .22. I'm restoring one now that has a broken firing pin but can't seem to find a good schematic that shows how to remove the broken firing pin from the bolt. Could it be drifted out? or?? Can't see any pin holding it in so looking for any info/help to remove it. I did find a replacement but need to get the broken one out. Sorry for the long-winded question and thank you for your time.
    All the best,
    Frank(Bud270)

2. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

There has to be a pin or something holding it in place. Look over the bolt under magnification .

3. Bud270

Bud270 G&G Newbie

I did find a very tiny pin covered with some black gunk, cleaned it off & got the firing pin out. Also, saw the parts list from Papa G & firing pin there is not the same as the one I took out. It is however, the same as the one I had already bought so I am making one now from the one I bought & will harden/temper it. I'm sure I can get it to work. Thanks to you & Papa G for the replies.
    Bud270

jwrauch and PAPA G like this.
  4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Your welcome Bud! Looking forward to more postings from you!:)

jwrauch likes this.
  5. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Great to hear you're making progress. Keep us posted.

PAPA G likes this.
  6. Bud270

Bud270 G&G Newbie

Hi again Papa G & jw;
    Thank you for the encouragement. I'll let you know when I get it all worked out. I already refinished the stock & forearm & blued all the metal. I'll send some pics when I get it all done.

Remember - every day spent hunting,fishing or just in the outdoor world - Does not count against your lifespan!!

jwrauch and neophyte like this.
  7. Bud270

Bud270 G&G Newbie

neophyte likes this.