Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently aquired a Savage 93R17 which I really enjoy shooting. I do have one problem with it - the first round out of the clip always hangs up. It seems like the spring doesn't push it up far enough to go into the barrel. If I manually load a round in the chamber first, then all the rest of the rounds work just fine. Any ideas.....................

Thanks,

tonygrz

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Have you tried loading only 4rounds in the clip? Mine would do the same on occasion. If it persists call Savages CS and see what they can do for you. Almost everyone that I have talked to has been very happy with their CS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Savage 93R17

Hi Myarmor,

Called Savage CS and was very pleased with their help. A young lady told exactly what I had to do, something about an L-Bar. Haven't tried it yet but she seemed very knowlegeable so I'm confident this will fix the problem.

Tonygrz

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I used to have the same problem but I think I fixed it. When you load the magazine, make sure that all of the rounds go all the way to the back and have an upwards angle on them. The last round should have the bullet pointing up at about 10-15 degrees and not flush in the magazine. If it is flush, you can try pushing down on the rounds until they pop up. When you load the magazine into the rifle, be sure that the bolt is open so that the rounds don't get pushed down again. I havn't had any problems with it since I have been doing this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi cremley
Thankyou for the advice I will give it a try when it gets a little warmer out side next week (-32C) today.
Have a great weekend,
Bush Rat

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Hi cremley
Thankyou for the advice I will give it a try when it gets a little warmer out side next week (-32C) today.
Have a great weekend,
Bush Rat
Wow thats cold!!! I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt today. By the way, Welcome to the forums!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts