Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first off I would like to say thanks for all the info I've been reading on here, I have learned a lot. I am looking into getting a .223 rifle. This is my first rifle, I always shot other people's guns, but never had my own. I'm surely not a pro, still a novice by all means. I am looking into a Savage 11FXP4 223 AT Package or a Howa Lightning with 3-9x42 scope 223 (or basically any other Savage with a scope). Any recommendations or experience with these rifles? I will mainly be shooting at a range and maybe 5% of the time shooting small game. I am set on the .223, but I am trying to decide which gun. Also, both of these packages go for around $400 (walmart & Jim's sporting goods online), is there any other places that offer a better price for these, or where could I find them cheaper? Thanks in advance. Steve

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm probably gonna be known as the Howa 'homer' soon. I own two and really like them. Don't know about the new Savage's, but I hear they're really accurate and much better than the old Savage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts