Gun and Game Forum banner

Savage riot shotgun

11K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  squadleader 
#1 ·
Bought a Savage 12 ga riot shotgun, model 69RH in 1988. Came from Greenville S.C. PD. No telling how long it was probably left in cocked position in trunk of a patrol car. Can't find model # in Numrich Gun Parts catalog. Would like to replace spring. Is Savage or Stevens still in business?

#2 ·
Have you tried to fire it?The spring should be fine but since I havnt tryed to find the model I dont know if it is auto or pump.Mooseman will tell you what you have and what to look for but if it is auto,new o rings may be a good investment.I would clean it and shoot it before going further.Savage is going stronger than ever.Put Savage arms on your search bar. sam.

#4 · (Edited)
Its a pump and yes I've fired it, even came in 2nd place one time at a turkey shoot. It got a good laugh bringing a riot gun to turkey shoot, coming in 2nd wiped some smiles off some faces. Its just that thud sound when it hits firing pin that I'm not confortable with. I wouldn't want to carry it like walking point.

Looked in My Numrich Gun Parts, in the middle of Savage, Stevens setion, looking for model #s I found a Springfield model 67, series C, D, and E, would that be the same .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.