Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For approx the same $500 price you could get either a savage bolt action with Accutrigger or a Tikka T3 Lite

Anyone have opinions? Pros/cons?

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
savages are generally pretty accurate, especially for the cost. i do not however care for the craputrigger. thankfully there are good aftermarket triggers available for it. i do not have enough experience with the tikka to give a good comparison.

·
Registered
740 Posts
savages are generally pretty accurate, especially for the cost. i do not however care for the craputrigger. thankfully there are good aftermarket triggers available for it. i do not have enough experience with the tikka to give a good comparison.
The Accutrigger out of the box on my 30-06 was about 4.5 lbs but can quite easily be lowered to under 30 ozs. I've never had a Tikka but one day maybe I will. Beautiful guns.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
On accuracy alone, it`s a tough call. Tikka`s have very fine non lawyer triggers, and are accurate, no 2 ways about it.

Tikka`s are a bit, well, homely lookin`. The Savage is made in America. You, sir, are an American. That in itself would do my deciding, right there, if it were me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
They are both fine guns, and you really cant go wrong with either. A Tikka is guarnteed to shoot inch groups at 100 yards, but the Savage probably will too, if you do your part. You should go and look at both of them, and see what feels better, then make your decision.

·
Registered
492 Posts
All Hail the Mighty Savage. I own one, and am shooting sub MOA. Built rugged, however NOT so rugged that it's a beast to carry around. Quite comfortable, and very reliable.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I'd vote for Savage. But I'm partial to Savages. I think they are one of the best deals out there for the money. I can't spend 2 grand on a rifle, but I can still get a nice Savage for 5 or 6 hundred.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Personally i would go with the tikka just because i think there is more quality there. The Savage is kind of a cheaply biult gun if you ask me, I own one and even though it shoots nice i cant say that i like the way the clip sticks when your trying to put it in or how it dosent look quite as nice as a tikka. The Tikka has got a name for itself that suggests something of value.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Personally i would go with the tikka just because i think there is more quality there. The Savage is kind of a cheaply biult gun if you ask me, I own one and even though it shoots nice i cant say that i like the way the clip sticks when your trying to put it in or how it dosent look quite as nice as a tikka. The Tikka has got a name for itself that suggests something of value.
Savages are not "cheap", if you want "cheap", look at a Remington 710, the Savages may not cost a fortune, or be that pretty, but to say they are "cheap" is totally incorrect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts