Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing golf is a lot about the skill of the players although very crucial in the game, their skills can still only get them so far. Just like any sport, golf players also rely on the equipment that they use to enhance their own abilities. This is the reason why people take their Golf Equipment so seriously.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Howdy & Welcome to G&G :) . Now, with that being said what does cow pasture pool or gopherhole Billiards have to do with the price of tea in China here on G&G ? o_O ...

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Howdy & Welcome to G&G :) . Now, with that being said what does cow pasture pool or gopherhole Billiards have to do with the price of tea in China here on G&G ? o_O ...
They stopped doing it, but up until a few years ago one of the local golf courses became a waterfowl club through certain weeks of the slow golf months.

It was ridiculously easy to reach your daily bag limit at a place where the ducks and geese were fed and pampered by the elderly the other 11 months of the year.

They also did a few fun golf-style scramble games using shotguns and targets.

I never went to hunt, but the newspaper staff had a free membership to the club, we each got one free meal a month, and they had a four star chef.

I would go and see guys bag their limit in under an hour.

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Welcome, So I take it you might be one of those golf and skeet country club Guys?
About the closest I ever came to playing golf was some time at the driving range and sitting 3 stools down at a florida country club, years ago, from Jack Nicklaus. Oh and the Meyers lake Put-Put golf course.

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
I used to work for a company who had an annual charity golf tournament. The executive staff was required to play and keep company with our vendors in order to get them to up their contributions to our foundation. I happen to be one of the worst golfers on the planet, but for 9 years I would play once a year for the company and become the laughing stock of my foursome. :)

BTW, welcome to the forum and I hope you find some interest in Guns, Game, as well as the odd bit of politics and religion. We pretty much cover the bases.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
Welcome, So I take it you might be one of those golf and skeet country club Guys?
About the closest I ever came to playing golf was some time at the driving range and sitting 3 stools down at a florida country club, years ago, from Jack Nicklaus. Oh and the Meyers lake Put-Put golf course.
I used to play a little golf. I was not very good with drivers, but fair with irons, so so on putting. I realized early I wasn't really going to be good at it, so I kind of stopped. Was too expensive to play for me anyways. I did caddy one summer at the local rich people country club. Figured out they did not get rich by giving away great tips to menials like me. One summer was enough of that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts