close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Scope and Mounts

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Gruener, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Gruener

Gruener G&G Newbie

I'm wondering which scope and mount to get, i dont want to file off anything or do anything strange to my gun. Thanks

2. KidKwiK

KidKwiK G&G Newbie

I use the leapers Scope mount which replaces your receiver cover . I tighten down screws which tighten down on the receiver. I had to modifie the tighten down screw with allen head screws and ruber stops but the thing is rock solid and stays zeroed. I also hear real good things about the hitech model but haven't tried it.

3. Zardoz

Zardoz G&G Newbie

If you go with the Leapers, or any other mount that has screws securing the receiver cover, use loc-tite on them, because they will shoot loose, just don't use the red loc-tite.

4. yodar

yodar G&G Newbie

I've gone thru FOUR of those receiver cover scope mounts. My last, a Leapers, fractured at the the vertical lug thru which the cover-latch goes thru.

As a former microscope repair-person, all the receiver cover scopes have a little bit of "lost motion" in them that is magnified by the scope to make zero retention impossible. I shoot hundreds of rounds of reloads per session and not one of them has retained zero or permits restoration of zero after detail cleaning. Ha d the Leapers not fractured I would have drilled and tapped four holes in the receiver-side for the Leapers screws. Instead, Im going to adapt a Federal Arms MAK 90 scope mount which de-mounts from a fixture screwed onto the side of the receiver cover.
    (As soon as I get some play money)