Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Winchester 61 rifle that I've owned since 1949. This was before they put grooved scope mounts on the top of rifles. My scope was mounted with a bracket that screwed into the side of the breech ("receiver?") and was held in place by four screws. (The four threaded holes are still there.) It rose high enuough to allow viewing the fixed sights under the scope, then it angled over and had scope rings that held the scope. This mount has been lost. Does anyone know where I can obtain another one? Will a gunsmith be able to fashion one for me? Is there a newer way to mount scopes on older model 61 Windhesters?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.